PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coulee Boat Launch

Prairiewolf
06-01-2022, 08:41 AM
Has anyone recently used the boat launch there? How is the water level?

I am a new boater and hoping to get on mid-month (June). Hopefully this reservoir is reasonably smooth to put a boat in, but would appreciate others' accounts.

Thanks.

addisonr
06-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Stopped by last week. Water was below lowest concrete blocks. Would have to drop the axle into the muck. Not worth it IMO. Lowest i've ever seen.
Same at chain lakes.

aulrich
06-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Spring runoff seems late this year, usually, the bow is very dirty by now.

ragweed
06-01-2022, 11:39 AM
Stopped by last week. Water was below lowest concrete blocks. Would have to drop the axle into the muck. Not worth it IMO. Lowest i've ever seen.
Same at chain lakes.

I was at Chain Lakes (west of Nanton) a couple of weeks ago. Easy to launch there. Use the second launch. Back up beside the concrete blocks. Truck never touched the water. It's quite deep there.

TROLLER
06-01-2022, 03:56 PM
Same at chain lakes.

Strange, I launched in May. Had to go to the end of the ramp but kept the truck tires on the concrete. Not a big deal.

Unregistered user
06-05-2022, 09:57 AM
Launched at PCR Friday the water is below the concrete, but we launched without the truck tires going in to the mud. doable for all but the biggest boats, mine is 18' and went quite well.

fish99
06-06-2022, 10:01 AM
Launched at PCR Friday the water is below the concrete, but we launched without the truck tires going in to the mud. doable for all but the biggest boats, mine is 18' and went quite well.

how was the catching

Unregistered user
06-06-2022, 05:51 PM
Slow, but really nice and windy!