PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake by LLB

Old Goat
06-05-2022, 10:43 AM
I was told by someone that Beaver Lake had good walleye and pike fishing. I could not find much info about this lake on this forum. Is it worth the trip from Edmonton to fish this lake?

-JR-
06-05-2022, 10:47 AM
LLB is better and a nicer campgrounds .

trigger7mm
06-05-2022, 01:38 PM
Just got home from up there. Fished Elinor and LLB lakes. Very slow at both.

oilngas
06-05-2022, 04:08 PM
Let us know how you make out eh!

SamSteele
06-05-2022, 04:15 PM
I haven’t fished Beaver but I did put the boat in and cruise around. Be careful if you go as there are some wild bumps that could take your lower unit if you weren’t careful.

I did mark fish while I toured around, but did not stop to fish.

SS

Old Goat
06-05-2022, 08:24 PM
Thank you for your input. It will be a couple of weeks before I go out to LLB for a week of fishing. I will take a day and try out Beaver Lake. Thanks for letting me know about the possible water dangers , I will do like I do I’m all lakes I do not know, slow and easy. I will let you know how it goes.

-JR-
06-05-2022, 10:04 PM
Stay away from the island that is right across from the boat launch at the provincial camp grounds at LLB on one side of it ,the rocks are just under the water a few inches . The other two islands farther out were safe when i drove around them .

dustinjoels
06-06-2022, 12:58 AM
My advice would be to stick with LLB and not waste time on beaver. LLB is a significantly better fishery.

-JR-
06-06-2022, 08:46 PM
Its all catch and release at Beaver, them saying that means there are not many in the lake to be caught .

highwood
06-07-2022, 02:26 PM
Beaver has plenty of fish, just significantly less size than La Biche. Lots of structure with some hidden rocks. Caution if boating at speed.

Oswald
06-08-2022, 10:35 PM
Have to keep an eye out on both LLB and Beaver. They both have a few shoals in unexpected places around some of the islands. Use caution and go slow for your first pass through.

On Beaver they used to have a cluster of Buoys marking a reef out towards the middle of the lake behind the first island visible from the provincial campground. Use caution around that island as mentioned before.

I find both lakes are fantastic fisheries. Previous posts are right though, LLB does seem to produce much larger fish consistently. Beaver is no slouch if you find the right schools and move around a little.

I really enjoy Beaver in the evenings as it's so quiet and calm in many of the bays. It's also a good choice on some windier days because you can take shelter out of the wind with all of the different bays and islands to hide around.

Either way, I'll take fishing up at those natural lakes over my home reservoirs down south AB any day of the week. Nothing beats the boreal lakes for a day on the water.