PDA

View Full Version : Best Fishing?: Spray Lakes, Upper/Lower Kananaskis

addisonr
06-07-2022, 10:08 AM
Would appreciate opinions on best lake to fish (with a boat): Spray Lakes vs Upper Kananaskis vs Lower Kananaskis.
Have tried Spray a few times, with mixed results.
Thanks

Fishtracker
06-07-2022, 02:20 PM
Define best?? Best could mean several different things depending on the angler. What type of fishing? Fly? Spincast?

jts1
06-07-2022, 03:00 PM
I do consistently do better on the upper lake. Happy to float it with you one day.

addisonr
06-07-2022, 04:04 PM
Fishtracker:
I prefer jigging and/or trolling for lakers.

addisonr
06-07-2022, 07:24 PM
thanks for the offer, JTS1. I'll look at my calendar and let you know.

fish99
06-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Fishtracker:

no lakers in k lakes only spray lake.
lower k is good for nice sized bull trout
upper k for cutthroat trout

Fishtracker
06-08-2022, 08:08 AM
Fishtracker:

I'd probably stick to Spray if you are jigging & trolling. Catch rates are better then K-lakes as it has lot's of lakers & whitefish.

K-lakes can be super slow with ton's of wind most days with fewer fish in these lakes.

Esox
06-08-2022, 09:39 AM
Not to many fish of a decent size in Spray, there are some but consistently if youre looking for bigger fish, then Lower K is better. As mentioned there are no lakers in Lower K or Upper K but the size of the Bulls is awesome. It can be tougher fishing than Spray, but the average size difference makes it a no brainer for me.

addisonr
06-08-2022, 06:44 PM
Thanks, all.
Appreciate the feedback. I'll give all 3 lakes a try.

58thecat
06-09-2022, 07:20 AM
What are your go to lures for trolling?
casting?
Jigging?

Heading to all three lakes in two weeks for the first time.

Smoky buck
06-09-2022, 07:49 AM
What are your go to lures for trolling?
casting?
Jigging?

Heading to all three lakes in two weeks for the first time.

For casting Cicada 1/2-3/4oz silver combined with any color works well in all of those lakes. They work well on a slow steady retrieve. Kamlooper spoons red/silver or yellow/silver or rainbow trout pattern.

Jigging white soft plastics for bulls and Lakers

Theses were my go to list when I lived in Canmore and fished these lakes often. We were stuck fishing from shore do to no boat but still did well

58thecat
06-09-2022, 11:44 AM
For casting Cicada 1/2-3/4oz silver combined with any color works well in all of those lakes. They work well on a slow steady retrieve. Kamlooper spoons red/silver or yellow/silver or rainbow trout pattern.

Jigging white soft plastics for bulls and Lakers

Theses were my go to list when I lived in Canmore and fished these lakes often. We were stuck fishing from shore do to no boat but still did well

Awesome, thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk