PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation Recommendations Sask

bigbuck
06-12-2022, 03:06 PM
Hoping to plan a summer trip in 2023 to Saskatchewan with my wife and parents. Looking for any input or past experiences you folks may of had. We are from the Calgary area and want to be able to drive there and would be staying about a week. Here is a list of things we are kind of looking for.

-Good fishing (pike, walleye, lake trout Just a bonus)
-Separate cabins not a lodge. Doesn’t have to be 5 star but something decent including everything we need to cook.
-boat rental

We don’t do these kind of trips often so hoping to hit as close to a home run as possible on where we choose. There are lots to look at on Google but as mentioned it’s nice to hear from the AO members.

Thanks!

Smoky buck
06-12-2022, 03:21 PM
I just booked at anglers trail on lac la plonge but it will be our first trip there so can’t say anything good or bad

What I can tell you is a good portion of places don’t have a lot of openings so you might be restricted on options if you have set dates

bigbuck
06-12-2022, 04:42 PM
I just booked at anglers trail on lac la plonge but it will be our first trip there so can’t say anything good or bad

What I can tell you is a good portion of places don’t have a lot of openings so you might be restricted on options if you have set dates

I have heard good things about La Plonge. Hope you have an awesome trip. When you say not a lot of openings are you already booking into 2023?

Smoky buck
06-12-2022, 05:13 PM
I have heard good things about La Plonge. Hope you have an awesome trip. When you say not a lot of openings are you already booking into 2023?

Sorry half asleep been on nightshift thought you were looking for this summer lol

Booking for 2023 should be easy. If you are interested in lac la plonge I will be back from on the 13th of July and can let you know how it went then

bigbuck
06-13-2022, 07:53 AM
Sorry half asleep been on nightshift thought you were looking for this summer lol

Booking for 2023 should be easy. If you are interested in lac la plonge I will be back from on the 13th of July and can let you know how it went then

Sounds good SB!

jednastka
06-13-2022, 10:43 AM
I can't Say enough good things about Nordic Lodge on the south end of Reindeer Lake. The only Caveat I would have is to always go out with a GPS. It is a big lake, and easy to get lost.

https://www.reindeerlake.com/

Vic

Sooner
06-13-2022, 01:10 PM
I can't Say enough good things about Nordic Lodge on the south end of Reindeer Lake. The only Caveat I would have is to always go out with a GPS. It is a big lake, and easy to get lost.

https://www.reindeerlake.com/

Vic

I was talking to one of the owners at the Sportsman show and really got a good feeling about going to this lake because you can drive there and the Pike fishing is supposed to be really good. I have a bro in law who loves pike fishing and I want to take him to a lodge setting with cabins and in on some big ones.

bradvtown
06-13-2022, 02:16 PM
We've been going to Besnard Lake and have always been happy. New owners in the past few years but haven't heard anything negative. Smaller private cabins which is nice, guides are all knowledgeable on the lake. No lake trout in Besnard but there is a smaller lake not far with some rainbows if I remember right.

https://www.besnardlake.com/

dustinjoels
06-14-2022, 01:16 AM
Tower lodge at dory lake would have everything you’re looking for except lakers.

Nice individual cabins, boat rentals, and unbelievable owners.

bigbuck
06-14-2022, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

zero_eight
06-14-2022, 09:43 PM
Rowan's Ravine provincial park has cabins, boat rentals and fishing is good, caught a 28" walleye last week

Iceman80
06-15-2022, 11:48 PM
Sask has endless opportunities, from my experience Thompson Camps on Otter Lake was very good. Drive in as well as fly in outposts. Would go there again in a heartbeat.

bigbuck
06-18-2022, 09:08 AM
Sask has endless opportunities, from my experience Thompson Camps on Otter Lake was very good. Drive in as well as fly in outposts. Would go there again in a heartbeat.

Did you just stay on Otter Lake or fly out to some of the other lakes? Looks like a great place!

Iceman80
06-22-2022, 09:45 PM
Did you just stay on Otter Lake or fly out to some of the other lakes? Looks like a great place!

We stayed right at missinipe, walker bay cabins. It's on my bucket list to do a flyin outta there someday. We had a guide for one day which was very helpful as its a huge body of water. The other two days we went on our own. With GPS navionics app, made it simple to get around. They also provide a map and it has all the spots where you can do shore lunches and hang out on the many different islands. If you decide to go I have some of the better spots marked that really produced for us.

bigbuck
06-27-2022, 09:32 PM
Bump

whitetailnut
06-27-2022, 09:47 PM
Highly recommend that if you go into the shield lakes(pretty much north of Prince Albert, Meadow lake) you do your homework like get a map showing reefs. I've gone to besnard many times and still manage to find a rock every trip. Better yet go where you can hire a guide. Yeah it adds a few hundred bucks to your trip but would be worth it.

whitetailnut
06-27-2022, 09:51 PM
Also book early, prime dates always book fast.