PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee and Rainbows

barbless
06-19-2022, 09:50 AM
Was out at Lake Revelstoke June 9 to 16 fishing for Kokanee and Rainbows. Water temp was 46 - 50F. Rain suits and rubber boots. Wind and waves. Going into the wind was a full time job for my little girl kicker (6 hp Yammy) she works great on my 17ft Sylvan. So new rules for Kokanee size. You are allowed 5 over 30cm for the day and 10 in possession. It was really hard to catch the under 30cm. Couple of the bigger ones were around 19-20 inch long and big bellies. Had to put back lots. Over sized. Got 8 Rainbows for the two of us. 3lb and better up to 5lb. Was a blast for sure. Just time on the water and no worries. My mind is at ease again. I still haven't figured out how to post pic's on here but yes it did happen. Oh ya the traffic was good. 2 min stoppage delay on the way there and about 5 min delay on way back. That's why we left and came back on the Thursdays.

fishinisgood
06-19-2022, 11:37 AM
Truly is a great way to “put the mind at ease”. We used to fish Kokanee north of Kamloops when I was a kid. Always enjoyed the jumping they did when hooked up.

58thecat
06-19-2022, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a great time even if your in rain gear.
What was the go to lure ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbless
06-20-2022, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a great time even if your in rain gear.
What was the go to lure ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are use to the rain gear when out fishing in Revelstoke. My go to was a dodger with a double orange wedding ring with artificial pink or bright green maggots. Another in the boat was using a dodger, double hook led by a pink hoochie and topped red shoe peg corn or bright green maggots. The third guy using a gang troll with a single glow in the dark wedding ring and shoe peg corn or pink maggots. We switched up lots till we all found what worked for each of us. The hoochie setup was by far the best. Was lots of fun as always.