PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe every thing you read on line ..

-JR-
06-22-2022, 03:04 PM
Just came across this on line for Alberta ..
Can anyone confirm this ? I know what the regs say and this is not in it !
Seen a you tube video at Cold lake where a guy is fishing with two rods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwynYlWkrec&t=32s

copy and paste
If you are alone in the boat, you can have 2 rods in the water. If there's more than one person in the boat, only one rod each is permitted.Feb 28, 2015

freeride
06-22-2022, 03:24 PM
Wouldn't be the first time someone recorded themselves breaking laws...

calgarygringo
06-22-2022, 03:30 PM
1 per person and done in open water and 2 on ice and done.

Passthru
06-22-2022, 04:33 PM
Ah ya. He screwed up

Lastcast
06-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Just came across this on line for Alberta ..
Can anyone confirm this ? I know what the regs say and this is not in it

Page 20 in the regs

General Sportfishing Restrictions
It Is Unlawful To:
l Possess or use a gaff or gaff hook.
l Use more than one line when angling into open water.
l Use more than two lines when angling into ice-covered water.

Buckwheat
06-22-2022, 11:10 PM
Maybe he assumed Alta regs are the same as bc, not

WayneChristie
06-23-2022, 08:09 AM
Sask regs for Cold Lake the same, prohibited to Fish with more than one line in open
waters; sorry guy I tried, you busted!:fighting0074:

stubblejumper01
06-23-2022, 09:14 AM
Hopefully someone forwarded the link to F&W. Unfortunately some people will assume he is right and copy his actions without checking the regs

TROLLER
06-23-2022, 10:03 AM
Question if he is reported do you still get the reward for reporting poaching?

freeride
06-23-2022, 10:12 AM
Hopefully someone forwarded the link to F&W. Unfortunately some people will assume he is right and copy his actions without checking the regs

I did yesterday.

Who Da Fisherman
06-23-2022, 12:57 PM
I did yesterday.

Guess you will get the finders fee if you were the first one to report it.
Cheers
WDF

freeride
06-23-2022, 01:44 PM
Guess you will get the finders fee if you were the first one to report it.
Cheers
WDF

I highly doubt I was, nor do I care. I have just seen this play out before where everyone assumes it must have been reported so no body does anything.

My thought is if I was there I would have talked to him and kept it in house so to speak. But as soon as your publicly trying to show people this is OK, and encourage it, defend it when pointed out in the comments, now it needs to be dealt with differently so that others don't blindly follow and get in trouble as well.

stubblejumper01
06-23-2022, 02:52 PM
I highly doubt I was, nor do I care. I have just seen this play out before where everyone assumes it must have been reported so no body does anything.

My thought is if I was there I would have talked to him and kept it in house so to speak. But as soon as your publicly trying to show people this is OK, and encourage it, defend it when pointed out in the comments, now it needs to be dealt with differently so that others don't blindly follow and get in trouble as well.

That’s why I asked as I didn’t want to do it also, although maybe if more people alert them they may be inclined to take action.

SNAPFisher
06-23-2022, 08:03 PM
The video is "private" now. Glad you reported the idiot.

duckup
06-23-2022, 09:11 PM
Haha what a dork