PDA

View Full Version : Garmin striker vivid 7sv issues

YeeHaw
06-22-2022, 09:23 PM
Finally got the boat out after major repairs only to have my 13 month old Garmin bugger up. When I powered on it said there was a transducer short circuit error. The temperature sensor and my side imaging was not working. I checked all connections and checked the cable for any signs of breaks or punctures, so not sure now what. I am still looking for the receipt as I'm sure it's around. Has anyone encountered this issue and been able to rectify it?

OL_JR
06-23-2022, 09:50 PM
Is there any chance it's something silly like it was used for winter fishing with a different ducer and now it needs to be switched back in the settings?

mlee
06-24-2022, 03:12 PM
If you do not have the right transducer selected in the menu it will be an issue. I have a 7sv vivid and a 5cv....I fried a cheap gt20 ducer a couple years ago when I forgot to change my ducer settings from my winter one.

OL_JR
06-25-2022, 05:06 PM
If you do not have the right transducer selected in the menu it will be an issue. I have a 7sv vivid and a 5cv....I fried a cheap gt20 ducer a couple years ago when I forgot to change my ducer settings from my winter one.

That is unfortunate that it can actually fry them, good to know though. I fired up my Garmin for the first time this spring and the regular sonar and mapping was working but not the side imaging. Side imaging wasn't even an option in the sonar settings. Took me a few minutes to clue in to get the right tranducer selected.

Luckily didn't damage anything that would suck for sure.

YeeHaw
06-26-2022, 08:24 AM
It has always been plug and play, but will check the settings, hopefully it is something simple

Simba001
07-18-2022, 03:16 PM
I know Humminbirds usually self detect transducers but you have to elect them on GARMINS??