PDA

View Full Version : rain wind and a good morning

WayneChristie
06-24-2022, 02:20 PM
I was lucky enough to get to fish this morning with my oldest son, always a good day for me even without the fish. He and some friends were down my way early today despite the awesome weather. ended up sitting in the truck most of the time, but we caught a decent number of fish , even if they were mostly just walleyes :fighting0074: I had a hook torn right off my 20 pound fluoro leader, hopefully I get to meet it again one day and get my hook back :fighting0030:
still it was a great way to spend a crappy morning and I cant wait to do it again. :sHa_shakeshout:

Howard Hutchinson
06-24-2022, 02:44 PM
Nice WC. Great job getting out there in spite of mother nature giving you guff!

Seems many years ago Walleye were prized and highly sought after, or is it just me? I recall as a youngster my Dad talking about Walleye yet do not remember us catching them. Perch yes, by the bucket full in the 70's and the occasional Pike. Now it seems people almost don't appreciate them as much. To me Walleye are wonderful table fare. Not too much fight in them pokey devils but I love eating them.

WayneChristie
06-24-2022, 03:05 PM
I really enjoy catching big walleye on a fly rod in the dark, a whole new experience from drowning bait during the day, but I enjoy every fish I catch, or some days dont catch:shark: I should mentions todays equipment, mine anyways. I was using a medium heavy sturgeon rod and straight 50 pound braided line no leader and a pyramid sinker for those who wonder. But then again Im not really a crowd follower :sHa_sarcasticlol: couldnt quite get a video worthy 32 incher but I did manage to drag in a little 29.25 inch skinny spawned out eye, shes gonna be a gooder when she fattens up again! I may have to visit this lake again

Fishfinder
06-24-2022, 05:30 PM
Nice WC. Great job getting out there in spite of mother nature giving you guff!

Seems many years ago Walleye were prized and highly sought after, or is it just me? I recall as a youngster my Dad talking about Walleye yet do not remember us catching them. Perch yes, by the bucket full in the 70's and the occasional Pike. Now it seems people almost don't appreciate them as much. To me Walleye are wonderful table fare. Not too much fight in them pokey devils but I love eating them.

Pokey devils haha, I like that. So true.
Nice fish Wayner. expect an incoming PM. I have an SSR epic trip planned in the near future, and I'd love to get some tips for eyes on the fly at night, should you be willing. Cheers. Tight lines fellas. 700 in no time Wayne,.:)

pikeman06
06-24-2022, 09:08 PM
What's your biggest river walleye Wayne if you don't mind a guy askin?

WayneChristie
06-25-2022, 06:17 AM
What's your biggest river walleye Wayne if you don't mind a guy askin?

best Lake walleye, caught through the ice was 32 inches, biggest river walleye was 33.25. Both 14 pounds, the longer maybe a wee bit more. Definitely not the biggest fish in the river, I know theres a 36 incher out there and Id be fairly happy to get a hook into one that size! :bad_boys_20:
I did start out with a 9 foot light action trolling rod yesterday when I had my hook broke off thats why I switched to the shorter heavier sturgeon rod. Gotta use whats in the truck :fighting0074: