PDA

View Full Version : Another great day

58thecat
07-01-2022, 08:06 AM
Time well spent on cold lake, little intel from a member here on color that seemed to entice the bite and we were on in no time at all, let’s just say that my fishing buddy ate his sammich by being interrupted by catching four lakers in a row!
Intel was orange colors turned the lakers on and the only thing I had close was a hot spot apex trolling lure in brown trout color which in short order we had 14 landed before making a quick departure off the lake due to 40 km winds!
Nothing over 30” but still fast and furious and a lot of fun.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220701/d80c8869bbdea0a4aab7da635a426dd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Positrac
07-01-2022, 08:21 AM
Congrats. Looks like on a great day on the water!

WayneChristie
07-01-2022, 08:51 AM
good day! I find sandwiches are a sure fire way to draw a bite from the fish, I dont know how they know but they know! that and using the short rod, they always seem to know when your hands are tied up :bad_boys_20:

dodger
07-01-2022, 11:42 AM
good day! I find sandwiches are a sure fire way to draw a bite from the fish, I dont know how they know but they know! that and using the short rod, they always seem to know when your hands are tied up :bad_boys_20:

Yep the short rod always triggers a bite. Makes for an interesting “ setting the hook “.

tirebob
07-01-2022, 11:43 AM
I'd be happy catching like that!

WayneChristie
07-01-2022, 12:05 PM
I'd be happy catching like that!

Rod in each hand?:thinking-006:

pikeman06
07-02-2022, 01:20 AM
What is a sammich?

58thecat
07-02-2022, 05:32 AM
What is a sammich?

A sammich consists of two pieces of bread and whatever you want as filler in between.....no sand.:)

They are also known to not being able to eat in one sitting when fishing as the fish get all worked up interrupting your meal.

A typical sammich will guarantee you 2-4 fish.

A soggy sammich is just off the charts doubling the fish caught per bite!

A sammich is a type of sandwich. However, it is not just any kind of sandwich. Any old schmuck can throw lunchmeat between two slices of bread and have a sandwich.

But no. A sammich is not just a sandwich, it is not just a meal. Sammich is a term reserved for only the holiest and mightiest of all sandwiches. A sammich is a true work of culinary art; a feast on a bun, if you will. A sammich is not made of the best ingredients; it is made of the *right* ingredients. It needs the right meats, and the right cheese(s), the right sauce, the right veggies, and the right kind of bread.

Now I am hungry.....