PDA

View Full Version : Fickle Lake

knifeman
06-20-2007, 08:57 PM
has anyone ever fished there or camped?

robert
06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
My girlfriend and I went there last summer, beautiful lake, caught lots of pike and walleye off shore. I want to go back :)

Never camped, part of it was closed when we got there due to grizzly activity...

Brady
06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I heard last week that there were some grizz in there again. Give the co's a call in Edson, I am sure they will give you a staus report on the bears. I haven't been there....yet, but I have heard it is a nice place to spend some time fishin.

fickell
06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
We were there on the 16th for some after noon fishing and we caught a few walleye we had to play with the rain a bit so we didnt get much fishing time in but it has a very nice camp ground Hey Brady may be its the same grizz seen on the hwy this morning June 25 2 km east of your house

srp71
06-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah I would say it's probably true as a co-worker took his new pontoon boat out there to try it out.He came back with some great pics of some grizz they seen on shore.But then again there ain't no grizz left anymore.

Cam-hunter
06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Where is Fickle Lake?

Brady
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
We were there on the 16th for some after noon fishing and we caught a few walleye we had to play with the rain a bit so we didnt get much fishing time in but it has a very nice camp ground Hey Brady may be its the same grizz seen on the hwy this morning June 25 2 km east of your house

Well that's gettin a little close to home!!!!:sick: :sick:
Actually I heard that there is one around the dump, so ya they could be close.

Gonna check out Fickle lake in the next week or so, gotta do it.

knifeman
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks guys, heading out there for the long weekend will look out for the grizz.

srp71
06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Camhunter,Fickle Lake is south and west of Edson.My coworker booked a spot for this upcoming weekend and the operator told him that pair of grizz that was hanging around havent been seen for a week or so.

DUGUAY
07-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey Just Wondering If The Fish Being Caught Here Are Fairly Big?this Book In Front Of Me Says The Pike Are As Big As 30lbs There!!!

fishman
07-12-2007, 11:00 PM
There is monster pike in that lake...if u know how to fish them u will catch big fish but usually the really big ones r caught in the spring

DUGUAY
07-13-2007, 12:02 AM
THANX FISHMAN;) HOW MUCH DO I OWE YA $$$$$:rolleyes:

cfick
04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Fickle Lake is named after my great grandparents, I'm looking for any information on them that i can get. I know this is a long shot, but i thought it was worth a try. My dad tells me theres plaques at the lake with information on them. Has anyone who has been to the lake seen or read these? and if so , is there anything you could tell me?

pikergolf
04-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Fickle Lake is named after my great grandparents, I'm looking for any information on them that i can get. I know this is a long shot, but i thought it was worth a try. My dad tells me theres plaques at the lake with information on them. Has anyone who has been to the lake seen or read these? and if so , is there anything you could tell me?

You might try and send speckle55 a private message, for some reason I think he knows about thar area.

Speckle55
04-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Back in the 70's and 80's there was a George Fickle(he told me) i talk too about netting the lake. and the size of pike the had accidentally been caught .. he told me that the pike go to 40# and lots in the 30# plus range about 2 or 3 every couple of years.. they would roll up in net wreaking the net.. they netted every year check with Edson CO if you have relatives in area

hope that helps

in 1985 i caught a 32#5oz Pike in Fickle lake:)

Food for Thought
David

SonnyJ
04-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I love Fickle lake but sadly I don't know anything about the Fickle family.There is however an old cabin/shack on the northwest side that might offer some clues.
Fickle has a nice "family" campground which means it isn't as rowdy as some party type campgrounds.
A Speckles said..there are or use to be some huge pike in Fickle along with 5-6 lbs walleyes but that was 30 years ago.Now the lake seems to be only a shadow of what it once was.In others words..fishing is kinda poor there these days..but that won't stop me from going there....can we say memories?

DJL
04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Camped there 2 summers ago with a few friends. It's a nice spot but the bugs were horrible. Horse fly's and mosquitos were the worst I have ever seen so bring spray. Did not fish myself but heard from a few people in the area that there are some large pike in there.

SonnyJ
04-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Some huge whitefish too..

But how come the perch are stunted?

I don't think I ever seen a perch there that was bigger than 5 inches.