PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun drowning

-JR-
07-17-2022, 11:16 AM
Was at Wabamun on Saturday and it looked like they had a drowning in moonlight bay . They found an inflatable boat with no one in it and something floating near by just as I was loading my boat . RCMP and the firer fighters
were out there .

nimrod
07-17-2022, 05:13 PM
hope the boat got untied from some place, and everyone was safe

jungleboy
07-17-2022, 06:07 PM
From Edm Journal

Article content
RCMP are investigating the drowning of a Parkland County man at Wabamun Lake, about 50 km west of Edmonton.

Parkland County RCMP received a report Saturday of a capsized boat in Wabamun Lake where the Wabamun fire department retrieved the body of a 56-year-old man from the water, Mounties said in a news release.

Mounties believe the victim was participating in a training exercise with a local volunteer group, and do not believe the death is suspicious.

CBintheNorth
07-17-2022, 11:42 PM
Well that is just awful.

Wonder what kind of training they were doing there that would allow a person to drown?
Seems very odd.

Extremely sad nonetheless.

HuyFishin
07-18-2022, 09:11 AM
rest in peace :(

Stinky Buffalo
07-18-2022, 10:01 AM
So sorry to hear that.

My dad was trained in water rescue; when he was a teen he saved my cousin from drowning. It left a huge impact on him, and water safety was drilled into all of us.

There were several incidents that he would speak of, of people he knew who had suffered tragedy while out on the water. In one case, it was some youths who were out in canoes, not far from shore, when several of them capsized. One young fellow, who was a champion swimmer, brought several of his friends to shore before he succumbed to the cold water.

It can happen so quickly.

-JR-
07-23-2022, 04:58 PM
He must have been training him self on boating . He was the only one in the boat and not wearing a life jacket .

Positrac
07-23-2022, 05:17 PM
I'm here because I was wearing a cruiser suit when things went bad. 9-1/2 hours over night hanging on to the bottom of an overturned boat off the west coast half in and out of the water in 3' of chop. Lucky...