PDA

View Full Version : Payne lake

TROLLER
08-01-2022, 09:30 AM
Any reports on water level, fishing results would sure be appreciated.

Have not been for a few yrs now and figure it is time

THANKS

bessiedog
08-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Used to be a fantastic ice fishing lake.
Never did it much in the summer. The spring spawners we’re fun to find and catch.
This lake does have shrimp and a pretty good bug supply.

The province did supposedly dump a lot of fish in there again. And it sure gets the lions share of stocked critters… so it’s worth a go.

Please someone Bring back Dipping Vat!!

It’s just…. Summer…! Sooo many better fishing spots in the area.

So.. not a fishin report per se….

kouleerunner
08-01-2022, 09:27 PM
It has been painfully slow this year. I was just talking to my Dad about it today. No report as to why, but the bite is just not there compared to years previous.

Very unfortunate, I spent a lot of time there in my youth, and it was sad to hear this report. Hope AEP can turn this one around.

thenaturalwoodsman
08-03-2022, 01:26 PM
In my opinion Payne was ruined when the 80 or so sites went in on top of the regular camp sites and other developments around the lake, a mini lake of this size cannot handle this pressure.

kbobbeck
08-03-2022, 10:33 PM
some days good , some days not. July 30th couldnt keep them off the hook, July 31st only one to the net. Just to damn hot and weedy. Tough to get down to the fish. a few in the 20 inch range but most are 10-12 inch. we fished both days from 9-12, trolling flies, spinners, etc. Most productive was red wedding ring tipped with worm.