PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake

hilltops
08-01-2022, 11:52 AM
I want to thank the gentleman who helped my wife and I load our boat on 17 July. Also, the mysterious person who put a nice break away chain on our boat while in the camping area without telling us. . It is so comforting to know that there are such nice and generous people who are there to help without being asked. To you, thank you very much.

tirebob
08-01-2022, 03:25 PM
These are great stories to pass on to others! So many people only talk about the poor experiences they encounter and the kind gestures such as you were on the receiving end of go unnoticed...

Thanks for that!

sns2
08-01-2022, 04:02 PM
Sure is a lot better hearing these stories than a guy getting broken and having all his gear stolen.

I think there is a fairly good chance it was an AOer. We end up chit chatting with a fair number of people when we fish there. Almost always they are an AOer. It’s pretty bizarre actually.

EZM
08-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Yes - these are good stories to share so others are encouraged to do the same for others.

I found a boat at the marina this week that was bouncing around (was not properly tied up to prevent the transom from rubbing and I added one of my rubber flex/shock lines from my boat and looped it into his tag line to provide some tension and flex so his boat stayed off the dock) - my daughter (she's 23) got to witness something that took me a minute or two, cost me a few bucks, but hopefully will be a silent lesson and something to pass on to their generation instead of ignoring stuff like that.

Small things done like that are good Karma. It the small things people do when nobody is looking that are the true measure of a person's character. (ironically here I am posting it now .... lol).