PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Mines Fishing

CDEWT
08-16-2022, 09:41 AM
Looking at heading out camping in the next couple of weeks here and wondering what the fishing is like down at Beaver Mines this time of year?

Can a person leave their boat on shore while camping anywhere there for the convenience of not having to load/unload every time or does it need to be removed from the water each day?
Also safe to do so without the worry of theft?

Thanks,
CDEWT

270hunter
08-16-2022, 09:46 AM
Been down that way a few times. Can’t help you with the boat part of it but off the top of my head….
There’s lee lake, butcher lake, bathing lake, beauvais lake, Beaver mines lake
I’ve heard really good things about beauvais lake if I recall correctly :thinking-006:

daveyn
08-16-2022, 05:34 PM
We really like Beaver Mines Lake both as a campground and a rec area. Sites are pretty well spaced out with some even on the water if you get lucky and book early. They have a little dock there and a launch and you can leave your boat tied up at the dock. I don't know what the rules are exactly but there is always a boat or two tied up there.

Gillfisher
08-21-2022, 07:32 PM
Beaver Mines has the biggest fish, the weeds might be pretty high though, Yes you can beach your boat by the boat launch over night.

Cleetus
08-26-2022, 04:17 PM
I was there on three separate days last week. The weeds are right out to the middle where the water's the deepest, but still some good fishing. Caught three rainbows between 12 to 16 inches trolling; saw one with twirling disease -- seems to be throughout all the waters in the area. Also saw lots of boats pulled up on the shore, so I'm assuming you can leave them over night.

Also tried Mill and Drywood creeks with fly and lures, but not even a nibble or anything rising.