PDA

View Full Version : St Mary Reservoir

butcherboy
08-27-2022, 02:52 AM
Can anyone tell me how the water level is right now? Is the boat launch usable or is the water too low? Drove out last year about this time and was very surprised how low it became. Could not get a boat in anywhere that I could see. So we turned around and drove to Little Bow.

Just wondering if it is the same this year? Too low to launch?

Thanks

darrell f
08-27-2022, 11:08 AM
According to the website the water is sitting at 72%. Pretty good for this time of year. Chin is on the low side though at 41%

https://rivers.alberta.ca/

Wes_G
08-27-2022, 06:28 PM
Can anyone tell me how the water level is right now? Is the boat launch usable or is the water too low? Drove out last year about this time and was very surprised how low it became. Could not get a boat in anywhere that I could see. So we turned around and drove to Little Bow.

Just wondering if it is the same this year? Too low to launch?

Thanks

That link that was posted above is your friend. If you can figure out at what level a launch is usable at any given lake, then you will know when you can get your boat in and when you cant. The lowest that I have launched on St. Mary's is 61%. I am not sure how much launch was left at that point but knowing how long it is, I don't think there was much.

kouleerunner
08-27-2022, 06:51 PM
That link that was posted above is your friend.......The lowest that I have launched on St. Mary's is 61%.

X2. Very accurate assessment . Below 60 is extremely risky! Bring 2x8s if you try!

Chin is at 54%, not sure where 41 came from. No problem launching, was there yesterday.

darrell f
08-27-2022, 09:18 PM
earlier it was 51. Just a typo