PDA

View Full Version : Do you fish around the same time yearly?

Speckle55
08-27-2022, 09:17 AM
here's a Cutthroat i caught 6 years ago :fighting0074:

and yesterday's catch

do your fish your favorite lake around the same time of year ?

i do

the time to fish a species can vary:thinking-006:

Oncorhynchus clarkii

Cutthroat trout in the foothill's

berry's are still behind in spots

with the hail putting a lot on ground :test:

it's always a adventure

fun fun fun:sHa_shakeshout:

I LOVE Fishing :love:

David :)

Zip-in-Z
08-27-2022, 07:57 PM
Yes ... when it cools down in late Sept & mid Oct & the crazies start putting their boats away & again at first ice when the season opens before the crazies start driving their trucks all over the lake.

Nice fish.

Cheers

D.

SNAPFisher
08-28-2022, 07:51 AM
Yes. There is something going on most every month. As long as I can get away around the same time every year, I'll be there :)

Nice cutty!!

WayneChristie
08-28-2022, 08:08 AM
I usually limit my fishing to the months between January and December. :bad_boys_20:

Outbound
08-28-2022, 10:40 AM
End of April to mid june, then Sept to early November is generally my open water season. We'll do hardwater Dec to Feb usually. Summer is too hot, it's miserable to be in the heat and lakes/rivers are either too warm or too low.

ol whitey
08-28-2022, 11:43 AM
Yes I fish the RedDeer river every September for fall walleyes. But this year low water and high temps might change that plan.

MyAlberta
08-28-2022, 07:29 PM
Absolutely. Coho should be approaching the beaches shortly, and my favourite rivers are starting to see the hatch tighten up into that magical one hour window in a few short weeks.

barbless
08-30-2022, 06:11 AM
I usually limit my fishing to the months between January and December. :bad_boys_20:

:sHa_sarcasticlol: Too funny.
Couple of beauty fish there Speckle55
I try to get out about 2 weeks after ice out, the 2nd week of June in Revelstoke, 2nd week of Sept. to the mid of Oct.
Fish lakes and rivers.