PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Fishing/charter advice

20shadow05
08-27-2022, 10:58 AM
Hi All,

I am thinking of a max 2 day fishing trip with my son, next year most likely. I know the price varies from an inflatable kayak to your own private yacht, but I would like to hear from people who have had a great experience and who to go with.

I can take care of airfare, hotels, meals, etc., just want a great on water experience as well as cleaning/packing/freezing of the catch.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help.

Mark

58thecat
08-27-2022, 12:40 PM
Island pursuit comox bc

We went out with them last year, guide Chris put us on salmon like no other

Top notch outfit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HL_transplant
08-27-2022, 01:32 PM
What dates are you lookin?g at and budget is a big thing, most reputable outfits are 1200 to 1500 a day, some a bit more. Location would depend on the time of year and if you want to retain Chinook there are a lot of closures now.

20shadow05
08-27-2022, 03:19 PM
Thanks,

There will be 2 or 3 of us going, so 1500/day or so is fine, not looking to spend stupid money. As for time of year, I have no idea about salmon fishing, but it will most likely be next Fall. Location doesn't really matter as long is it is accessible through fly/drive.'

Hope this helps.

tikka250
08-27-2022, 03:48 PM
Sea J charters and jigs and reels fishing adventures are both top notch outfits in the central island area that will go to the ends of the earth to put you on fish.
If you decide to do your own research I suggest going with a boat that has some room on it. The smaller Boston whaler size boats can get you out there but are far less comfortable and having a cabin or awning during long days on the water is a huge plus.

HL_transplant
08-27-2022, 03:49 PM
I'd go to Rupert if going in the fall. Less travel, the northern coho should thick. If you were going in summer I'd go to the island. Feel free to Dm me if your interested about fishing Rupert.

mlee
08-27-2022, 06:29 PM
Island pursuit sportfishing out of comox. Steve runs a top notch outfit and can cover several species over 2 days no problem.

58thecat
08-28-2022, 07:08 AM
https://islandpursuitsportfishing.com/

You can fly right into Comox too,

Check out the attached link.

SamSteele
08-28-2022, 07:12 AM
We enjoyed fishing with Crabby’s between Comox and Campbell River. He was a lot better with our kids than other charters we had been on.

https://www.crabbyscharters.com

SS

Dustee
08-28-2022, 01:18 PM
I'll post it in this one since the other is getting deleted!

Can't go wrong with Northking lodge, or if you want something a little more 'local' in the lower mainland, you could go with Bon Chovy out of Granville island. Both outfits are fantastic and offer different adventures.

CJ