PDA

View Full Version : Great service found in Slave Lake

Crabman
08-31-2022, 07:45 PM
The other weekend we woke up to find our main motor on our Kingfisher was leaking leg oil out the drain hole. We first tried to get help from the store we brought it from but had no luck getting any service from them on a Saturday morning. You would hope after buying a pretty loaded 20' boat with a main 150hp motor, a 9.9 trolling motor and a XI5 saltwater motor guide spot lock we would get help. So after getting the cold shoulder from them a friend said to try Steve at Keel to Wheels in Slave Lake. We called him and told him our issue and knew right away it was one of 2 things and he had the parts in stock. Thinking being a Saturday I would be buying the parts myself and installing them but Steve said if you get me your boat just after lunch he would have it fixed in 2 hours. Off we went from our lot in Jousard and dropped the boat off at 1:00 p.m. and right at 3:00 p.m. Steve called saying the boat is ready and all is good. It's great to see there is some people out there that know their stuff and still have customer service. A big shout out to Steve and his great service to keep our summer alive. If you need boat service done in the Slave Lake area I would say Steve is the guy to see.

old dog
08-31-2022, 09:10 PM
Great to hear this kind of story. There are very few places and people that will give u that kind of service. Hope u tipped him.

Mr Flyguy
08-31-2022, 09:53 PM
The other weekend we woke up to find our main motor on our Kingfisher was leaking leg oil out the drain hole. We first tried to get help from the store we brought it from but had no luck getting any service from them on a Saturday morning. You would hope after buying a pretty loaded 20' boat with a main 150hp motor, a 9.9 trolling motor and a XI5 saltwater motor guide spot lock we would get help. So after getting the cold shoulder from them a friend said to try Steve at Keel to Wheels in Slave Lake. We called him and told him our issue and knew right away it was one of 2 things and he had the parts in stock. Thinking being a Saturday I would be buying the parts myself and installing them but Steve said if you get me your boat just after lunch he would have it fixed in 2 hours. Off we went from our lot in Jousard and dropped the boat off at 1:00 p.m. and right at 3:00 p.m. Steve called saying the boat is ready and all is good. It's great to see there is some people out there that know their stuff and still have customer service. A big shout out to Steve and his great service to keep our summer alive. If you need boat service done in the Slave Lake area I would say Steve is the guy to see.

Gibbons Motor Toys perchance?

marky_mark
08-31-2022, 10:13 PM
Gibbons Motor Toys perchance?

If you think gibbons is bad don’t buy a boat from explorer

-JR-
08-31-2022, 11:23 PM
delete

58thecat
09-01-2022, 07:06 AM
Glad it worked out for you, word of mouth is great too, share the good And bad experiences so others can enjoy a positive outcome, thx for sharing.

Howard Hutchinson
09-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Glad to hear you got it fixed with such short notice and your fishing trip wasn't fiddled.
Some folks actually care to help out where others do not. Sad to hear of these companies that sell these expensive rigs not ready and willing to help out after the sale. Makes my blood boil frankly.

I work for a company that manufactures, sells and services our own product line. After hours and on weekends one of the technicians takes the service phone home with them. You would not believe how pleased customers are to actually be able to speak with a live body when they are having issues. Parts can't ship until the nest business day yet just being able to know someone will receive their call and do some troubleshooting means so much.