PDA

View Full Version : fishing the dominican

mooseknuckle
09-16-2009, 11:17 AM
My wife and I are soon off to Punta Cana Dominican republic. Has anyone on the forum ever fished down there? If so how was your experience? And where would a person go?

fisherwoman
09-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I believe they have fishing charters down there. When I was in Jamaica last year there were charters, but they were $$$$. My friend went to the Dominican last year and talked about the fishing trip they could have went on but didnt. I' sure a quick google search might give you an idea of fishing and pricing.

2big4u
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I have spent money twice to just wash hooks in Punta Cana.
grand total $1250.00usd and 20lb of Mahi Mahi = $62.50/lb. :sick: Very rough both times.

Safety D
09-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Fishing in the dominican is a waste of money and dead !!!

mooseknuckle
09-16-2009, 03:20 PM
It's settled than booze and golf!!! Thanks for the info folks:wave:

Jager
09-16-2009, 03:27 PM
We were there two years ago and made out well! We went on a 4 hour afternoon charter and caught 4 Mahi Mahi and some baricuda! Rough waters though!

jinx
09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
i went with 6 other people They should us the boat from a distances it looked nice but when we got on it was horrible the fridge was half through`the floor the bathroom had no door on it scary :scared: we were told not to worry about drinks there would be plenty of booze when we got there the 3 guys on the boat where hungover and they offered us 2 litter warm pop half drank :eek:(no thank you)that was it. the fishing chair was not secure on the boat I did hook 2 fish both times the guy came running at me and took my rod and lost the fish (i was the only one to hook a fish)

Oh ya if u like paragliding watch the boats for a while first i saw 2 people break their legs hitting the tops of sailboats :scared:
Have a fun trip play safe