why do they not pick up their garbage:sign0176:

Alberta Proud !!!

please clean up after lazy anglers

Thanks

David:)

goldscud
09-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Good job.

People go out to see some great natural beauty...and then leave their crap there.
It is mind-boggling.

Smoky buck
09-05-2022, 05:01 AM
If I see trash I pick it up if I see others leaving trash I remind them to go pick up their crap too my

Ice fishing season seems to be the worst

dutchman
09-05-2022, 10:16 AM
That seems to be a normal occurrence. When cruising the waters of our local lakes, I stop and pick up any garbage floating by.

EZM
09-06-2022, 11:58 AM
That's why I always carry a couple extra trash bags in the boat ..... never seems to surprise me what people do. Nothing more that ticks me off that to see trash discarded like that .... I'd love to find some of these people and return the trash to their front yards for them.

Bigwoodsman
09-06-2022, 12:21 PM
I too, always carry a trash bag with me. Everytime I'm out I'm picking something up and discarding it. Ice fishing was the worst, cigar and cigarette buts food wrappers etc.

BW

barbless
09-06-2022, 04:54 PM
Lots of people are pigs and slops. Makes me wonder what their yard looks like? I take out lots that I find. Some bad spots are at dams and random camping for sure. We have taught our kids to be responsible and take out all they bring with them out. No excuse... They also take out extra people's crap left behind at rivers and streams fishing. One of the best was my son's friend found a go-pro in perfect working order.

Edmonton resident
09-07-2022, 02:19 PM
When your fishing at our lake's/rivers

do you clean up

i always have a extra bag for other peoples garbage :test:

every time i go i wonder WHY !!!:angry3:

why do they not pick up their garbage:sign0176:

Alberta Proud !!!

please clean up after lazy anglers

Thanks

David:)yes there is a ton of people who just don't care sad but I think its a growing trend .I try and leave it better then I found it its not hard to do .:)

Cove
09-07-2022, 07:14 PM
I always carry bags in my jeep for just such a thing. That said I've also taken to avoiding some places, as there is just too much junk. East Pit springs to mind.

Baitcaster
09-09-2022, 08:03 PM
Wife and I are constantly picking things up and fishing things from the lake bottom. Ice fishing my boys and I retrieved a busted lawn chair. Strapped it on our sled which we pull out by hand. Could only imagine what sinks through in the spring.

bushnell
09-09-2022, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately you can't fix lazy hazmats. I also carry garbage bags with me, pick up what I can.

Dewey Cox
09-10-2022, 12:19 AM
I hate it when people leave garbage and apostrophes laying around where they don't belong.

MyAlberta
09-10-2022, 02:51 PM
When living in Calgary, next to the Elbow, I would go down almost everyday with a couple of garbage bags and pick trash. 3-4 on the weekend. It's predominately the younger party bunch who don't seem to have a care in the world.

SNAPFisher
09-11-2022, 08:01 AM
Good on you Speck! I do the same. I think it is a good idea to keep mentioning in posts and with pics like you did. Can't change things by keeping quiet right?

Also, great shot of the king fisher!

FYI for anyone that is into birds and likes to know what they are hearing. Merlin Bird ID app is the best out there. Since it downloads the bird ID files you do not need a cell signal for it to work.