PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley

barbless
09-09-2022, 10:07 AM
Heading out to CVR on Tuesday for 4-5 days of camping and fishing. Just wondering if someone can give a fishing report and how the new launch is working out? I usually troll but if nice enough out not too windy will anchor up and cast the weed beds or jig. Don't need results for today but will help for sure with the weather changes, way up hot daytime and now cooling off good in the overnight. Can wait for after the weekenders to give some insight.
Thanks for any and all info

oilngas
09-09-2022, 11:29 AM
The surface is rapidly cooling, 65 F last Sunday / Monday down from 78 F 10 days before.

Dual launch is working well. Wally was still slow, and a light take, when they did take, for Gkids and I Monday Sept 5. Pikers were actively feeding.

I'm back out for few days Sept 11 n 12.

barbless
09-09-2022, 01:13 PM
The surface is rapidly cooling, 65 F last Sunday / Monday down from 78 F 10 days before.

Dual launch is working well. Wally was still slow, and a light take, when they did take, for Gkids and I Monday Sept 5. Pikers were actively feeding.

I'm back out for few days Sept 11 n 12.

Might drop off boat with truck and do some fishing on Monday. Bring Motorhome out on Tuesday. Will be in a 17 Ft. Sylvan 150 Yammy and 6 kicker with canopy. Maybe meet up if your still there on Monday. Thanks for the update. The weather seams to be leveling off so just hope for some good bites. Will scour the lake for sure. You ever go up to the very northwest end towards the colony? the last small arm up there. I know it's at the most about 8 -12 fow but sometimes some good action in that spot. Just wondering

archerynut
09-11-2022, 10:19 AM
Was at CVR yesterday. Beauty of a day the wind held off very nicely. Pike were biting slow first thing but around noon things were pokin right along! Tried some bottom bouncing with little success. Casting spoons was our ticket. Tried out a "spoon" lure I fashioned from an old silver plated spoon and that was the answer! It outperformed everything else in my tackle box. Uncle Trent wants one real bad now after I out fished him 3 to 1. Water temp at noon was 66 degrees with so many fish stacked on the mid lake humps and drop-offs. The fishfinder was just singing with marks. Good day to be out on the lake.