PDA

View Full Version : Lakers on Cold Lake / pics

Walleyes
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, we managed to make it out to Cold Lake yesterday and did not to bad... Put 7 decent fish in the boat and lost 4 good hits... Anchovie was the ticket again,, out did spoons by at least 3 to 1... They were running from 75 to 90 feet picked up 1 on the surface... Here are some pics

Nice little 5 pounder..
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1019.jpg

Double header for the boys..
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1022.jpg

Big one of the day 11 pounds...
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1025.jpg

-NDN-
06-22-2007, 05:40 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice pics!!!!!!!!:eek:

man am I dying to try it out there. Wouldnt that just suck if the motor quit and the drain plug fell out in water that deep.:scared: :rolleyes:

TreeGuy
06-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Walleyes, great fish! With your advice I am hoping to post up even BETTER :D Laker pics within the next 2 weeks!:evilgrin:

Tree

Walleyes
06-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Thought you mite enjoy these tree... you got the number budy,, just give the call will give you all the info I can.. It was not an overly busy day but we did all right.....

Walleyes
06-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey tree,, this is what a double header looks like:) :) enjoy buddy.....

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1021.jpg

-NDN-
06-23-2007, 07:54 AM
or twin snags :D :D :p

cool pic. Mooching set ups eh?

Gamehunter
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
[

Walleyes
06-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Oooohh,,, thats nasty NDN,, but a good one... Actually it would be hard to snag in that lake she is about 220 feet deep where that pic was taken...

And yah those are my mooching rods...

And as far as eating them,, you know I really don't care for them that much... I keep the odd one for the smoker but for the most part they are all released,, as were all these... We find them to fatty,, even when all the fat is trimmed we don't care for the taste and texture... I guess I am to spoiled on Walleye..

-NDN-
06-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Oooohh,,, thats nasty NDN,, but a good one... Actually it would be hard to snag in that lake she is about 220 feet deep where that pic was taken...

And yah those are my mooching rods...

And as far as eating them,, you know I really don't care for them that much... I keep the odd one for the smoker but for the most part they are all released,, as were all these... We find them to fatty,, even when all the fat is trimmed we don't care for the taste and texture... I guess I am to spoiled on Walleye..

i was just playin':D you must have to use some heavy duty fish finders. I imagine its fun marking fish at the different depths.

TreeGuy
06-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Great pics Walleyes! Yeah, yeah, rub it in! I got your number and most absolutly will give you a ring very soon. Thanks for that.

One question: Will you still be as generous with your advice once I start kicking YOUR azz with lakers?:evilgrin: :tongue2: :lol:

Tree:innocent:

Walleyes
06-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Sounds like we got a competition going here,,, sounds like fun... Unfortunetly due to work I most likely won't make it out there again this summer but you never know... But come Aug we are headed to Sooke for the Chinook run and then I will show you some pics....

P.S. you still have to learn how to put one in the boat boy :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave:

TreeGuy
06-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Sounds like we got a competition going here,,, sounds like fun... Unfortunetly due to work I most likely won't make it out there again this summer but you never know... But come Aug we are headed to Sooke for the Chinook run and then I will show you some pics....

P.S. you still have to learn how to put one in the boat boy :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave:

Dem's fightin' words! I think that I would be willing to make a little bet on this one. I think that I will take a bigger laker this year than you will on the Chinooks!:tongue2:

Does this mean that you are now gonna feed me some false info when I call ya?:lol:

Walleyes
06-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Dem's fightin' words! I think that I would be willing to make a little bet on this one. I think that I will take a bigger laker this year than you will on the Chinooks!

Hey I'll take that bet... But just so you know for the last 4 years I have brought in at least 1 in between 24 to 28 pounds (chinook) so I think the odds are quite in my favor,,, but hell I'll entertain the idea,, :) :)

TreeGuy
06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Whewwwww! I mentioned this to a fellow fisherman today and he told me that they can go 50-60lbs and I went, "OH NO!"

24-28....No problem!:D

The next problem is negeotiating a suitable wager! Any suggestions? I have a couple of ideas, but I don't think you're brave enough! Ha Ha!:evilgrin: :lol:

Tree

Walleyes
06-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Well lets make it something more important than monetary,, say like some sort of open, public statement on this board....
Over ?????

Unregistered user
06-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Now I'm really jealous, do you stay at Sunny Shores?

Walleyes
06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Now I'm really jealous, do you stay at Sunny Shores?

Hey howd you know ??? yah we been stay'n at Sunny Shores for goin on 4 years now.. And I first stayed there about 12 years ago.. Love the place but unfortunately Andy is up for sale.. He thought he was sold this spring and all bookings were off,, but his deal fell through and his wife called us in April and we were able to book a couple cabins for our trip...

Next year we are looking at booking a couple houses if Andy sells.....

Unregistered user
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
We did 5 seasons out of Sunny Shores, my kids loved it. We stumbled upon it by accident coming back from Renfrew and could not believe the fishing! We approached Andy about selling in 01 and he was a bit hesitant, a good friend of his is a realtor and told him to hang tight for a while so we lost interest. Secretary island on an incoming morning tide is about as good as it gets, damn I need some time off! Hope you have a great time out there.

TreeGuy
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Public statement on the board?!!:huh: Wuss! I was thinking somewhere along the lines of having to post up a picture of you (the loser:lol: ) ice-fishing in a DRESS!:lol: :lol: :lol: You would also need an acompaning hat, purse, heels and stockings!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tree:evilgrin:

Walleyes
06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE][/Secretary island on an incoming morning tide is about as good as it gets,QUOTE]

Yes it can produce some decent fish alright... We have done very well around Sooke the last few years.. It is our family's favorite vacation spot no doubt... What we like about it is. We head out on the water at day break fish till noon then head in and spend the rest of the day doing the family vacation thing.. And because of its location the activities are pretty much endless... Sunny Shores will be missed when its gone,, and with the value of property there I highly doubt we will ever see another place like it... But I have been checking into some vacation rentals and you can get into some not bad deals on houses....

Now tree,,, what do we do with you :rolleye2: :rolleye2: well I'm not sure about the dress thing,,, you obviously have some issues to deal with there :lol: :lol: :lol: but I guess each to his own :sick: :sick: ... But if you are willing I think we may be able to go with something along those lines... I'm not that worried about it....

TreeGuy
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
"Now tree,,, what do we do with you" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Short of the 'tree' part, that's the third time I've heard that one TODAY!:lol:

I just mentioned the dress thing because IF, by some UNLIKELY chance I lose this bet, I'll be covered as that's the outfit I wear fishing anyway!:evilgrin:

However, name your price, I'll play! Buuuutttt...it should really be something publically embarassing! That would be funny for EVERYONE! Did I mention that my parents are brother and sister?:ashamed:

Tree

Walleyes
06-27-2007, 01:57 AM
.it should really be something publically embarassing! That would be funny for EVERYONE! Did I mention that my parents are brother and sister?

I'm sorry I didn't realise you were from Saskatchewan,,,:lol: :lol: :lol: money is not going to do this right... It will have to be an open public statement on this forum to the fact that " I " am a better fisherman than you... sound like a deal....

TreeGuy
06-28-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm sorry I didn't realise you were from Saskatchewan,,,:lol: :lol: :lol: money is not going to do this right... It will have to be an open public statement on this forum to the fact that " I " am a better fisherman than you... sound like a deal....

Why that's not a very interesting wager at all. At this point in time I am more that willing to admit that you are a better fisherman than I am. No deal!:D

50BMG
06-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Did I mention that my parents are brother and sister?:ashamed:

Tree

You didn't have too...we all kinda figured that one out

:tongue2:

TreeGuy
06-30-2007, 01:29 AM
You didn't have too...we all kinda figured that one out:

Honest question......Was that a joke or a dig? I hope joke, 'cause you have also illustrated the increasingly diminishing quatilty of a sense of humor on this new board. Funny is funny, and you have been very funny by times! If I pizzed you off somewhere, PM me and let me know. I'll try to solve it.

Tree

50BMG
06-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Honest question......Was that a joke or a dig? I hope joke, 'cause you have also illustrated the increasingly diminishing quatilty of a sense of humor on this new board. Funny is funny, and you have been very funny by times! If I pizzed you off somewhere, PM me and let me know. I'll try to solve it.

Tree

To me.........

:tongue2: = joke

I never would have said it to you but I notice you like to joke around a bit like that too. You can't set yourself up saying something like that and not expect no one to say something. :)

BTW...for everyone else. I come to this board to have fun and be lighthearted. I find alot of you in the same boat. If I want arguements and heavy discussions I will leave that on the political boards I post on :)

TreeGuy
06-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh jeeze! Sorry 50 I didn't notice the ':tongue2: ' at the bottem of the page! My bad! Lesson of the day....don't post at 2 in the morning!:rolleyes:

Hope you guys are all having an awful long weekend also!:evilgrin:

Tree

50BMG
07-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Oh jeeze! Sorry 50 I didn't notice the ':tongue2: ' at the bottem of the page! My bad! Lesson of the day....don't post at 2 in the morning!:rolleyes:

Hope you guys are all having an awful long weekend also!:evilgrin:

Tree

:lol:

Now worries...it's all good http://www.blows.com/chat/style_emoticons/default/food-smiley-004.gif

Walleyes
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Dem's fightin' words! I think that I would be willing to make a little bet on this one. I think that I will take a bigger laker this year than you will on the Chinooks!:tongue2:

Does this mean that you are now gonna feed me some false info when I call ya?:lol:

Hey tree do you remeber this ?? I'm cumin back to colect bro !!!

Here is the evedence heres the 30# Chinook where's the laker

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/DSCF0801.jpg

TreeGuy
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh No! Just my luck Walleyes has a memory like an elephant.............where's my crossbow!:lol:

The only thing I caught was a sunburn (they don't call me the melanoma kid fer nuthin' ya know). Looks like I have some dress shoping to do.:sick:

Is that your price, or have you come up with something even more sinister? What's it gonna be, pilgram?:lol:

Congrats and what a beauty. I'll get ya NEXT year.

Tree

Walleyes
01-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Public statement on the board?!!:huh: Wuss! I was thinking somewhere along the lines of having to post up a picture of you (the loser:lol: ) ice-fishing in a DRESS!:lol: :lol: :lol: You would also need an acompaning hat, purse, heels and stockings!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something low cut and well below the knee I think... Oh this is going to be good heheheheheh can't wait...

TreeGuy
01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Alright, alright funny guy. Trust me, this is going to hurt you a heck of alot more than it's going to hurt me!:sick:

Originally, I planned on this strapless, low cut little number but it's supposed to be -20 next week so I'm now leaning toward the more conservative floral print. Hmmm, we'll see. WHAT I DO know is that I just had the strangest conversation with my morther-in-law EVER!:lol:

I should have something for ya by the end of next weekend so stay tuned. All I can say is, Ghost Dam..........brace yourself!:D

Tree