PDA

View Full Version : New Fisherlady

BigBunnie
09-21-2022, 11:25 AM
Hi!

I used to ocean fish and crab with my family when I was a child. I rekindled my love of fishing this summer and have bought a new rod/reed.

I live both in Edmonton and Grande Prairie. I am looking for advice and teachings regarding fishing in these areas as I have no idea what I am doing.

I am licensed and all that. Just looking for tips about what lures to use for what fish, what water type, and so on.

Much appreciated!

bigrfish
09-21-2022, 09:00 PM
All depends on what you have to work with. If you have access to a boat the possibilities are endless. If you are fishing from shore you may find it a bit more challenging. If river or lake fishing from shore you can't go wrong with spoons or spinners. You can also use bait rigs(not as fun) with minnows or worms. Try You tube. Lots of stuff to discover on basics. Apply to what you have access to.

WayneChristie
09-23-2022, 03:24 PM
lots of great fellow fishing people here in the forum, maybe you can tag along with someone and get some pointers. you might want to stay away from Edmonton Oilers hockey fans, I hear they are a shifty bunch :bad_boys_20:

fish99
09-23-2022, 06:30 PM
lots of great fellow fishing people here in the forum, maybe you can tag along with someone and get some pointers. you might want to stay away from Edmonton Oilers hockey fans, I hear they are a shifty bunch :bad_boys_20:

2x