PDA

View Full Version : Elbow river

rvaneyk
09-26-2022, 07:51 AM
Fished the elbow and caught a whole bunch of little guys. Nothing bigger, I guess that’s what the bow is for.

MyAlberta
09-26-2022, 11:21 AM
The bigger guys are back in the oxbows

walking buffalo
09-27-2022, 10:10 AM
The bigger guys are back in the oxbows

What oxbows, where?

rvaneyk
09-27-2022, 11:00 AM
Forgot to mention I was fishing downtown between the fourth street bridge and stampede. Hey sometimes I’m lazy and stopping at a patio for a beer has some appeal.

buckman
09-28-2022, 10:21 AM
Used to be big browns by the golf course.

barbless
09-30-2022, 09:52 AM
Fished the elbow and caught a whole bunch of little guys. Nothing bigger, I guess that’s what the bow is for.

Depends on where you are fishing the Elbow. With the water so low hard to find some pools but they are there.

barbless
09-30-2022, 09:58 AM
Used to be big browns by the golf course.

If you are talking by Inglewood golf course it use to be closed years ago not sure anymore but do believe cause it was in the boundaries of the bird sanctuary.
Caught some good fish in the Montgomery area of the Bow.

WayneChristie
09-30-2022, 01:20 PM
If you are talking by Inglewood golf course it use to be closed years ago not sure anymore but do believe cause it was in the boundaries of the bird sanctuary.
I used to know every rock and riffle from Bearspaw down to Parkdale I grew up fishing there. Doubt its even close now after the big floods. Only fished the Elbow in Stanley Park there were always big browns and some big pike in that hole.

barbless
10-01-2022, 10:43 AM
I used to know every rock and riffle from Bearspaw down to Parkdale I grew up fishing there. Doubt its even close now after the big floods. Only fished the Elbow in Stanley Park there were always big browns and some big pike in that hole.

Yup I hear ya. Have floated many times years ago the Bow from around Bearspaw to the weir by the hatchery in Calgary. Have put in from weir around 17 ave SE to 22x with some good success. Nothing yet past that. I love float fishing. We did twice float the Red Deer River from Mountain Aire Lodge to Coal camp. Full day trip for sure. If your not prepared to take on the double drop then portage. We used a 14ft inflatable raft and was a lot of fun doing the drop. (Hang on Harvey) Like you said we got to know most of the hiding spots behind every rock, eddy and pool. We also had a 20 ft for taking friends rafting the Red Deer. Yes the big floods changed a **** load on all rivers

buckman
10-01-2022, 04:26 PM

Calgary golf and country club course. Its not far downstream from the Glenmore Dam.