PDA

View Full Version : flogging the water

WayneChristie
09-28-2022, 07:55 AM
I havent had more than a couple opportunities to get out falleye fishing the past 2 years, working on a farm means harvest time is pretty much all there is but now that Im not I decided to head down last night and see how its going.
It was very slow, a couple tugs on my rod using bait, nothing serious. Got out the fly rod and managed a couple fish in the dark. First was a beautiful sauger, 20 1/2 inches and scrappy! Very thick too, might be the heaviest Ive caught so far, just not the longest. Hard for them not to get fat with the schools of Prussian carp hanging out at this spot.
Second and last fish of the night was a surprise! Jumped out of the river and thrashed across the surface so hard I thought Id hooked a pike, turns out I was wrong! Fat and scrappy Prussian, swallowed my fly like its last meal, which it was :bad_boys_20: dont worry about the mud in the pic, it wasnt long for this world anyways, damn invaders.:fighting0074:
I got to watch a gorgeous sunset, as usual at this location, then watch Jupiter rising above the hills so bright it was amazing.
Hoping the river cools off soon so the eyes start moving in, a couple more feet of water wouldnt hurt either. for now, still fun! even got to watch a bunch of cattle walk across the river and dissappear into the sunset, if you are looking for your cows let me know :bad_boys_20:

mapleleafman3
09-28-2022, 08:26 AM
Great sunset pic!

tirebob
09-28-2022, 09:05 AM
Jeez that is a fat prussian!

fish99
09-28-2022, 09:06 AM
nice sauger good size

stein
09-28-2022, 09:41 AM
real nice sauger

AK47
09-28-2022, 11:39 AM
Beauty sauger. That is quite unusual for prussian to grab the fly, well done.

Edmonton resident
09-28-2022, 12:24 PM
nice pic's thanks for sharing

Kings
09-28-2022, 04:36 PM
Hi Wayne, nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. I would love to catch the Prussians. Any help is appreciated.
Cheers

Poppa
09-28-2022, 04:50 PM
I havent had more than a couple opportunities to get out falleye fishing the past 2 years, working on a farm means harvest time is pretty much all there is but now that Im not I decided to head down last night and see how its going.
It was very slow, a couple tugs on my rod using bait, nothing serious. Got out the fly rod and managed a couple fish in the dark. First was a beautiful sauger, 20 1/2 inches and scrappy! Very thick too, might be the heaviest Ive caught so far, just not the longest. Hard for them not to get fat with the schools of Prussian carp hanging out at this spot.
Second and last fish of the night was a surprise! Jumped out of the river and thrashed across the surface so hard I thought Id hooked a pike, turns out I was wrong! Fat and scrappy Prussian, swallowed my fly like its last meal, which it was :bad_boys_20: dont worry about the mud in the pic, it wasnt long for this world anyways, damn invaders.:fighting0074:
I got to watch a gorgeous sunset, as usual at this location, then watch Jupiter rising above the hills so bright it was amazing.
Hoping the river cools off soon so the eyes start moving in, a couple more feet of water wouldnt hurt either. for now, still fun! even got to watch a bunch of cattle walk across the river and dissappear into the sunset, if you are looking for your cows let me know :bad_boys_20:
Oh boy... if you're where I think you are (and you and I've talked about) that is very concerning that the goldfish/carps have entered that body of water. Kill 'em all!!