PDA

View Full Version : lund rebel series versus lund predator series?

npauls
09-17-2009, 09:07 PM
I am looking into getting a new boat and I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these models.

I am actually looking at the full windshield on both of them with a 75 hp merc optimax in the 1625 series.

If you have had any experience with either of these boats or know anything about either one could you please give me your input. I can get a very good deal on each of these so I am just weighing out my options and trying to decide which one will be best.

Thanks,

Nate

jrcw
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I can't comment on the exact boats you're talking about but I have a 14 Lund Rebel with a tiller drive and love it. Solid, reliable boat. I'm the third owner (it's a '96) and the floor, seats, hull and electronics are all in great shape. It's stable and handles well in a Lesser Slave Lake chop. I don't know what year the boats you're looking at are, or what the Predator series consist of, but my guess would be that an equal-age or newer Rebel would perform as well for you as mine does for me.

npauls
09-17-2009, 10:06 PM
I am looking at brand new models. I have also just spotted the 1675 lund explorer sport which seems to be on the top of my list now haha. with the ips2 hull and a little more room and pretty much everything else I want in a little full windshield boat. Now just to price out the 75 hp. optimax and the 90 hp opti as well to see how my budget lines up with this new found model.

nate

Waxy
09-18-2009, 08:09 AM
npauls,

Do yourself a favour and go with the 90HP. You'll never regret it.

Waxy

npauls
09-18-2009, 05:29 PM
The rebel and the predator series in the 16 foot model are only rated for the 75 hp. I did some pricing out and found the explorer model to be about $7000 more then the others so I am thinking about just sticking to one of my first 2 options. Which means the 75 hp motor is what I will be getting.

Now its just a decision on which boat to get.

nate

npauls
09-20-2009, 07:04 PM
So I pretty much had my mind made up on which lund I wanted until my eyes were opened to the g3 series of boats. I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about them and how good of a boat they are?

Nate