PDA

View Full Version : Cancun Fishing Tips Needed

TreeGuy
10-10-2022, 11:00 PM
Hey Folks.

I’ll be a +1 on a corporate trip to Cancun next week and need some advice please.

My intention is to go deep sea fishing for a day, with the target species being Marlin and Sailfish.

Total newb. Total. Any charter research I’ve done just shows daily boat rentals. I’m flying solo and just want to rent a seat, not the whole enchilada.

I’ll likely figure it out once there’s boots on the ground, but knowledge is power. Any advice/tips/recommendations offered would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodgeboy1979
10-11-2022, 10:15 AM
I don't think Marlin are abundant this time of year in that area, you might want to look at other types of fish like barracuda to catch.

NBScott
10-12-2022, 09:39 AM
I would look at Isla Mujeres, Just off the coast of Cancun. Many more fishing charters and more species to catch from the island. Cancun is better known for Tarpon and inland (brckish water) fishing I believe.

A friend and I tried from shore a few mornings at a couple spots I researched online and were unsuccessful. We had fun trying but I would recommend hiring a guide.

Regards,

Off in the Bushes
10-13-2022, 10:52 PM
Hey Folks.

I’ll be a +1 on a corporate trip to Cancun next week and need some advice please.

My intention is to go deep sea fishing for a day, with the target species being Marlin and Sailfish.

Total newb. Total. Any charter research I’ve done just shows daily boat rentals. I’m flying solo and just want to rent a seat, not the whole enchilada.

I’ll likely figure it out once there’s boots on the ground, but knowledge is power. Any advice/tips/recommendations offered would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tree

Splitting charters is a way to keep the cost down but you never know the people you get. Wear the patch behind the ear for motion sickness nothing worse then paying money to be sick the entire time.

crazy_davey
10-14-2022, 12:31 AM
Hey Folks.

Thanks in advance,
Tree

I'm envious! I have nothing to add but sure would like to do this one day!

Good luck, can't wait to hear how it turns out!!! Have fun!

-JR-
10-19-2022, 04:46 PM
check out
Fishingbooker.com