PDA

View Full Version : Brazeau Dam Pike

vovk10
10-19-2022, 10:35 AM
Looking to go fishing this coming weekend to Brazeau Dam. I know it's not the best weather, but hoping for the best.
Would anyone have any updates how is pike over there in the channels or the reservoir it self?

:shark:

Red Bullets
10-19-2022, 12:03 PM
We usually fished south east of the West Canal Campground. In front of the submerged trees along the south east shoreline. The pike seemed to hang around the submerged trees. Best tasting pike ever.

Smoky buck
10-19-2022, 03:07 PM
I stopped pike fishing last month as hunting season takes over my priority

The pike in the canal move around depending on the water temperature. There is always pike scattered in random places though. Smaller fish on average compared to the res. Unfortunately numbers are declining as pressure has increased since Covid started. New gates in the area should help over time though. Pick your spots according to water temp and you should find some

Unfortunately due to watching it declining that is as far as I go for information because the present regs do not help this fishery

vovk10
10-20-2022, 09:19 AM
We usually fished south east of the West Canal Campground. In front of the submerged trees along the south east shoreline. The pike seemed to hang around the submerged trees. Best tasting pike ever.

Awesome, thanks for the tips