PDA

View Full Version : Saskabush Fishing?

Fishfinder
09-18-2009, 06:37 PM
I realize this is our Alberta Forum however I also know we all venture out of province to wrangle fish too, so hopefully some of u veteran traveller's can help me out here. Taking a quick trip to Saskatoon in a week jus for a 2 day stint and was wondering where the good fishing is around there. Any hot spots around the area. River spots in the city that are good to fish?? Leaving from Med. Hat and may try a lake or two along the way if I hear about any hot ones. Jus fishn from shore. Happy Fishn All:)

Beazer
09-18-2009, 09:49 PM
If you don`t mind a little drive further north up by PA, you`ll find some good sights.

Jaan Lake is worth it.
I`m partial to Candle Lake, especially by the island and the East shore mogbottom.

There`s probably lots of spots just a tad south of Toon town though.

notagoodtroutfisher
09-18-2009, 10:11 PM
fish under the bridges in stoon

tchow
09-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Got back from Blackstrap bout 2 weeks ago. Was there for 4 days and good great for small Eyes and averaged bout 10" for Perch. Did catch a bunch of Perch one day that were 11-11.5" We fished from a boat and focused anywhere from 15 -20 ft. There were guys fishing off-shore with Pickeral rigs and did well. We were on the opposite side of the Ski-hill

pecker
09-18-2009, 11:25 PM
I realize this is our Alberta Forum however I also know we all venture out of province to wrangle fish too, so hopefully some of u veteran traveller's can help me out here. Taking a quick trip to Saskatoon in a week jus for a 2 day stint and was wondering where the good fishing is around there. Any hot spots around the area. River spots in the city that are good to fish?? Leaving from Med. Hat and may try a lake or two along the way if I hear about any hot ones. Jus fishn from shore. Happy Fishn All:)

was at blackstrap summer of 07 -- casting from shore with various spoons , caught a few 3-4 lb. pike , lots of hammer handles to . it was better at the north end than the south end at that time . pretty weedy at the south end .only a 20 minute drive south of stoon . TIGHT LINES . :wave:

Fishfinder
09-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Thanx all for your replies all, Gonna search some maps now but sounds like I'll give Blackstrap a try and perhaps some intercity fishing as well. cheers:)

Yellowtail
09-19-2009, 02:05 PM
The best fishing is actually in Saskatoon. The area between the weir and the CN bridge has good number of walleye and pike. The average size is also larger than most lakes around there with walleye 4-7 lb being quite regularly caught.

nicemustang
09-19-2009, 04:56 PM
If you have a boat, go to Lake Lenore, on the fishing map.