PDA

View Full Version : How many times on the water

TROLLER
10-23-2022, 09:43 AM
For me I mark every time out on my calender.

46 times since my first outing in April and my last one at Sylvan last week.

One of my goals was to fish every res and lake in so Alberta. Getting close but still need to get to a few one in particular is Cross Nest but every time I planned it was blowing too hard.

Interesting looking back I always made a small comment on each outing. Bad, OK Good, Very Good and once WOW

My goal the last few yrs as been to treat my fishn trips like I used to with golf get to 100 rounds. Well has not happened yet but maybe this winter I can get out 54 times.

NOt too likely what with the price of gas. I do not even want to look up my reciepts for gas for this past season. Might be too big a shock.

AlbertanGP
10-23-2022, 11:21 AM
Not counting my dock? Or the times I went out mapping and didn't fish (still not enough)? Twice I think... :scared: But the lake property is finally ready for the daughter's wedding next August now. :happy0034:

On a brighter note, I should pull right around your number this winter, fishing from northern B.C. through northern Saskatchewan. Not bad for still having a FT job. :happy0180:

Riverview
10-23-2022, 12:22 PM
Goal is 100. Fished 90 so far, 36 on rivers, 54 on lakes.

ZA Angler
10-24-2022, 08:39 AM
If my maths is correct I managed 38 separate days across 10 different lakes. I would've thought it was more if I was only guessing.

Only 2 of those days were on "local" lakes though. The rest were all on lakes 3hr to 8hrs away with better fisheries. Could've really ramped those numbers up if I was more willing to fish closer to home.

I may still add a couple days if weather holds, not sure I'm ready to give up on the open water season just yet. I was still fishing this past Saturday up north :) .

SamSteele
10-24-2022, 07:06 PM
I managed 68 trips out on open water and hoping to get a couple more in yet. Numbers were down as I work FT and I’m going to school FT too.

SS

roper1
10-24-2022, 08:09 PM
Maybe 1/2 dozen times. Lowest in a few years for sure. Won't let that happen again.

Scott N
10-25-2022, 04:58 AM
It's kind of overboard, but I've kept a spreadsheet for the last 5 years for each of my fishing seasons. I keep track of the date, location, and # of fish caught, plus any notes of anything unusual (bear sighting, etc.) for both me and my fishing buddy. It's almost like keeps score for a golf game for us lol, but the information can useful (ice off times, etc.).

I've only been out 25 times so far this year, I try to get out as many weekends as possible, but this year has been busy for me.

58thecat
10-25-2022, 06:35 AM
Retired three years ago, stopped counting and planning as I wake up and say hey this is a beauty day to wet a line, which is like almost everyday, hardest part is figuring out which lake am I kayaking or taking the tinner.:)

AlbertanGP
10-25-2022, 09:39 AM
Retired three years ago, stopped counting and planning as I wake up and say hey this is a beauty day to wet a line, which is like almost everyday, hardest part is figuring out which lake am I kayaking or taking the tinner.:)

Not jealous at all...

:happy0180:

fish99
10-25-2022, 09:56 AM
living at the lake i fish at least 3 times a week , more if you count the days i throw a jig and minnow off the dock while cutting the grass ect. . with trips to lake newel, cold lake and diefendbaker lake at 30 days on the water at these lakes alone. must be around the 100 plus days

mlee
10-25-2022, 10:02 AM
We did not get out near as much this summer as normal but managed about 25 days in the boat at 6 different lakes.... 2 of which were new to us lakes. Add in another half dozen days river fishing....so 31 total. Hopefully this winter is a bit better.

58thecat
10-25-2022, 11:22 AM
Yup and then there’s hard water season which I hit the smaller lakes first as they freeze over quicker and wait for the big lake to make safe ice then I am back to the good morning feels fishy out!

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kings
10-25-2022, 05:55 PM
It's kind of overboard, but I've kept a spreadsheet for the last 5 years for each of my fishing seasons. I keep track of the date, location, and # of fish caught, plus any notes of anything unusual (bear sighting, etc.) for both me and my fishing buddy. It's almost like keeps score for a golf game for us lol, but the information can useful (ice off times, etc.).

Me too. Instead of excel, I mark in my samsung calendar with all details. It is easy look back the previous year history quickly. It is very handy.
My goal for summer fishing is 40. I made 22 trips so far. I guess there is some room for another 2 or 3.

Wes_G
10-25-2022, 09:22 PM
22 so far this year for me. The price of gas this spring/summer really put a hit into days spent on the water. I just can't do it as much when it costs over $100 a day in gas to go fishing. I didn't head out to Ontario for a week liekthe last couple years or the Coast. So that took another good 14 or so days off the total.

barbless
10-29-2022, 08:13 AM
25 times on the water for me, the lowest in a lot of years. Too many other things came up and that cost really affected my trips. Did manage to try a couple rivers and creeks though

SNAPFisher
10-29-2022, 09:12 AM
I think I ended up in the 20ish range. Low for me for sure. Too many hobbies :) But all good!