PDA

View Full Version : Replaciing blades on gas auger Eskimo stingray 8"

slamilton
12-02-2022, 08:33 PM
Ive never have to do the replacement since it is relatively new. I have the new blades just wondering if it is as simple as just removing the old ones and putting them on with ratchet? Do I have to be worried about angle or will that just happen?

Daslogster
12-02-2022, 08:38 PM
They should be set up and ready to go, just bolt on.

Habfan
12-02-2022, 09:18 PM
Take a picture of the blades before taking them off and then wear a pair of gloves when replacing if it’s your 1st time changing blades.

calgarygringo
12-03-2022, 06:53 AM
Just bolt them up and you will be good to go. Take the old ones to a professional sharp shop and get them done and they will be good as new for when the new ones get dull or you hit something on a trip you can be back in business in no time. Never shim or put anything under the blades as some may tell you. That is just a way to hide the fact the blades have been sharpened to the wrong angle.

mapleleafman3
12-03-2022, 08:49 AM
Bolt on and let 'er rip. I replaced mine before my first trip. It is as straight forward as it looks.

TROLLER
12-03-2022, 09:50 AM
Just check where the label is facing out or in and put the new ones on the same way.

And like said previous wear a pair of gloves, those buggers are sharp and can cut very easily.

Jims83cj5
12-03-2022, 10:03 AM
Ive never have to do the replacement since it is relatively new. I have the new blades just wondering if it is as simple as just removing the old ones and putting them on with ratchet? Do I have to be worried about angle or will that just happen?

It’s more complicated to start the thing than it is to change the blades. Just over thinking it is all

old dog
12-03-2022, 12:16 PM
Just don’t over torque them as they aren’t that large of a bolt and check them after u have used them for a day.

slamilton
12-04-2022, 08:16 PM
Thanks all was very easy just wanted to see if there were any heads up. Last year had blades sharpened and no comparison to how this ripped thru the ice.