PDA

View Full Version : Any with a broken jigging jaw jacker

Jims83cj5
12-08-2022, 07:29 PM
Hey just looking for some of the wheels if someone has some

Jays toyz
12-09-2022, 12:58 AM
They sell them direct from jawjacker but I built some out of cardboard to test shape, realized how well it worked and transferred it to coreplast.
7/8" hole saw will cut the exact size to push over the hub of a stock jawjacker wheel. Friction around the hub keeps it in place.
I will eventually cut them from quarter inch HDPE and pin them to the stock wheel that has been cut down to 3 inch or so diameter. These took minutes to cut from corrugated plastic (sign making plastic).
I ran one (in my garage) with a rod, all day long can't process the shape vs action when I'm experimenting and need someone smarter than me to come up with some shapes. I want one for whitefish but have no idea what that would be

vic1
12-09-2022, 05:57 AM
Check out "Jigging Jaw Jacker Replacement wheel "tread. Picture of the wheel that I attached I use for whitefish.

Jims83cj5
12-09-2022, 11:26 AM
If you order 3 wheels in US dollars then pay 20 US dollars shipping I might as well just buy a new jigging base. Matt won’t warranty it even tho the lock ball pressure is what broke the hub apart on the wheel. That’s why I was looking for a broken one that maybe someone had.

Frank_NK28
12-09-2022, 12:00 PM
If you order 3 wheels in US dollars then pay 20 US dollars shipping I might as well just buy a new jigging base. Matt won’t warranty it even tho the lock ball pressure is what broke the hub apart on the wheel. That’s why I was looking for a broken one that maybe someone had.

Matt is a good guy to deal with. I had two jigging base motors quit working within 24 hours of each other for some reason? I phoned and asked if he had replacement motors I could purchase. One unit was brand new, the other a year old and neither had more than a few hours run time on them and never got wet. He sent me out two motors right away at no cost to me, not even the shipping.

Jims83cj5
12-09-2022, 05:24 PM
Matt is a good guy to deal with. I had two jigging base motors quit working within 24 hours of each other for some reason? I phoned and asked if he had replacement motors I could purchase. One unit was brand new, the other a year old and neither had more than a few hours run time on them and never got wet. He sent me out two motors right away at no cost to me, not even the shipping.

Mine are a few years old but it’s clearly a defect but he ain’t offering nothing. So it is what it is, that’s why I’m seeing if someone has a wrecked one.

Jays toyz
12-09-2022, 06:54 PM

I just used jb weld to fix the broken end of mine. Glob of plastic jb Weld on the end, push it onto the base to make the chamfer impression, remove and wait.

pikeman06
12-09-2022, 07:14 PM
Are they junk or what? Sure alot of hype over them. I did well with the windlass on the right kind of day.

Hunter4ever12
12-09-2022, 07:40 PM
Are they junk or what? Sure alot of hype over them. I did well with the windlass on the right kind of day.

I love mine,wouldn’t call it junk at all. Plastic parts,freezing temps…stuffs gonna break. I broke one wheel due to cold temps,and I broke the trigger arm off of mine because I just threw it in my sled one day. I’ve had the same one for almost 5 years now…still going strong.

pikeman06
12-09-2022, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. Just wondering, I'm not the gentlest with my gear and fish on the few days I get off a winter weather it's a artic vortex or not.

TROLLER
12-10-2022, 09:23 AM
Guess I'll just keep on with my Automatic Fisherman:)

Jims83cj5
12-10-2022, 06:10 PM
I just used jb weld to fix the broken end of mine. Glob of plastic jb Weld on the end, push it onto the base to make the chamfer impression, remove and wait.

Ya that’s what I ended up doing