PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding gas tank

TROLLER
12-11-2022, 05:43 PM
My fshn bud has an older Strikemaster 2 stroker and the tank has started to leak.

Any one know where he could find a good used or even a new replacement tank?

Or is there some place in the Calgary area that can repair the tank

Thanks for the help.

Brandon5555
12-11-2022, 06:37 PM
I think Canadian Tire sells plastic fuel tank repair kits. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/versachem-metal-plastic-tank-repair-kit-0383835p.html?loc=plp. Depends if it's small stress cracks or one big one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

jcrayford
12-12-2022, 07:12 AM
My fshn bud has an older Strikemaster 2 stroker and the tank has started to leak.

Thanks for the help.

I used City Wide Radiator on Blackfoot Trail 2 years ago when I restored my motorcycle. Rusted tank, they chemically treated and coated the tank.

They may be able to repair it?

J.

I’d rather be outdoors
12-12-2022, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the help.

Not sure what engine make Strikemaster uses, but can look for that 1st. I had a tank go on an jiffy years ago and found out that a company called viper made the engines. Found a tanks both online and at small engine repair shops. This was pre-CV19 though when supply chains were better and people still had inventory.

7magtime
12-12-2022, 09:43 AM
Try Bay distributors in North Bay, Ontario.
They carry most parts for Strikemaster ice augers I was told.
Haven't had to use them yet as my Strikemaster has been trouble free since I purchased it years ago.

bradvtown
12-13-2022, 08:09 AM
You should try the Lawn Mower Hospital in Edmonton. I've contacted them a few times with my old Jiffy and was surprised by how easy they could get parts.

Mark
12-13-2022, 12:01 PM
I had the same problem, leaking fuel tank on my Tempest Viper 43CC. I bought it from Costco, so it isn't a popular make and therefore I couldn't find any parts or even manufacturer on line.
I tried epoxy I bought from Canadian Tire. It helped, but didn't completely stop the leak.
I order the following repair kit from Amazon. So far so good. With the fiberglass cloth and liquid epoxy paste, it appears to have done the job.

I'm hoping that it works since the auger works like a charm. Easy on gas, easy to start, and cuts like a hot knife through butter, when the blades are sharp. :sHa_shakeshout::thinking-006:
I've owned the unit for about 8 years and had never sharpened the blade. I have Carbide Saw Service sharpen my blades last week. Cut like a charm.
The auger was a really good price and I couldn't be happier with it. I was really worried that I would have to get replace this auger just because the tank leaked.

The website for the kit is below.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0009MZI4M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TROLLER
12-17-2022, 01:51 PM
Thanks Mark

Garage sale and there is an old Strikemaster has not run in yrs but the tank is in good shape 30 bucks and I am doing the dance of joy. Plus I now have a spare parts auger. My fishn bud is one happy dude for sure.

Mark
12-18-2022, 12:28 PM
Great for you!!

I would be doing a happy dance too.
There are good and bad things about buying things from Costco.
Good ... Price very competitive... usually good quality.
Bad...can be off brands. I can't even find the manufacturer of my ice auger on line. So I guess if I can't fix it or MacGyver a part, its pretty much useless.
So far so good, the patch on the fuel tank seems to be holding.
I have an 8inch auger now, would really like to find a 10 inch auger that would be compatible with the engine. But I'd really like to win the lottery too, but I don't think that will happen either.