PDA

View Full Version : Flyrod tips

jinx
09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Broke my fly rod tip can i get it fixed?
Is it expensive?
best place to get it done?
i have a case for it but still got broken
i have a scientific angular rod.It was Present from my kids :innocent: i would love to get it fixed .

Thank you
jinx

BigRackLover
09-22-2009, 09:19 PM
no - get a new rod

flygirrl
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Broke my fly rod tip can i get it fixed?
Is it expensive?
best place to get it done?
i have a case for it but still got broken
i have a scientific angular rod.It was Present from my kids :innocent: i would love to get it fixed .

Thank you
jinx
Whew, :cry:thats tough, try their web page and see if they can fix it. There might be someone here on the forum that repairs them though. I broke my Winston rod 2 years ago and Winston built me a new butt section for it at no charge. They did a hell of a job, If your still coming to RMH this weekend and want to fish I have a few fly rods to use.:wave:

tonyflyfish
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
whoa now!depending on how much is broken off you can glue a new tip on! as a matter of fact if it is less than 6 inches you may not notice any difference. I have replaced many tips on spinners but so far haven't broken any fly rods-that is a lie-I have one with a broken tip that I will repair as I mentioned above. Or! If you email the manufacturer they may have alternate ideas. I HATE CATHY, as I sit out here on the deck with Abbey. What is this about fishing this weekend? hmmmmmmmmmm...........
t

flygirrl
09-22-2009, 09:53 PM
whoa now!depending on how much is broken off you can glue a new tip on! as a matter of fact if it is less than 6 inches you may not notice any difference. I have replaced many tips on spinners but so far haven't broken any fly rods-that is a lie-I have one with a broken tip that I will repair as I mentioned above. Or! If you email the manufacturer they may have alternate ideas. I HATE CATHY, as I sit out here on the deck with Abbey. What is this about fishing this weekend? hmmmmmmmmmm...........
t
:tongue2:I hate Cathy too:lol: She fishes way to much..... Hey :tongue2:Tony, the whitefish are on the bite in the Clearwater and Im sure pararie creek is starting to fish now. Might hit up Elk Creek tomorrow Oh were to go, so many choices!! To bad your not around ha ha ha:wave: Tell Abbey I love her.... As to jinx's rod I think its broke below the tip, if so:cry: May not be able to fix it. If its just the tip your right you can replace it.:lol:

jinx
09-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Fly rod all fixed cost a big $2 They put the tip at the next eye if that makes sense. Yes flygirrl im still going to RMH this weekend lm looking forward to it even if i have to use a string and willow :lol: still not sure what time on Saturday it depends if i leave Friday night or sat morning.

flygirrl
09-23-2009, 01:50 PM
O.K. Im going hunting prob Sunday, if your up on Sat and want to fish give me a call.