PDA

View Full Version : Fishing and netting lake Sundance's yellow perch

Sundancefisher
09-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Hi all.

ICE FISHING COMING SOON TO A LAKE NEAR YOU!

With the days getting shorter and shorter it is harder and harder to plan for fyke netting. Once the warm water is past I will try a fyke net set but it will probably be Sat to Sat unless I can convince some Sundance residents to organize a Wed net check starting before 5 pm. I believe the lake shuts down for fishing now at 7 pm.

Another option is to have a resident host a gill netting day. That would mean the resident and two guests can check the net...then fish for a bit then check the in a rotating pattern. Timing will be subject to netting as a priority such that if there are tons of perch being netted that there may be no time to fish for perch. Details of how gill netting will work will be provided upon finding people.

The Lake Sundance website has updated the "How to Successfully Catch Perch article"... I attach it here http://www.lakesundance.org/PDFs/How%20to%20Successfully%20Catch%20Yellow%20Perch%2 0Article%20Update.pdf as I believe it can be useful in other lakes. Please note that fishing regs in our lake differs from those in public lakes. F&W regulations always take precidence.

Cheers and anyone interested in perch fishing come winter I bought an new telephone/ address book in which to store names etc. Please forward me via PM your name, phone number and email address and I will add you to a list. I want to have a pile of people ice fishing with me this winter. The perch appear to be bigger, still extremely numerous and the last week in December and first week in January is usually awesome for perch fishing. 100 perch a day should be easy for everyone mimicing the "methods" shown on the web link.

Also please pester other residents to get you out perch fishing!

Cheers

Sun