PDA

View Full Version : Golden Trout Sunday, who's in?

fishpro
09-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey all, I'm looking at going to Barnaby Lakes this weekened. So far no one else is coming, and I'd rather hike with at least one other person as it is bear country down there. I plan on driving down late Saturday and hitting the trail first thing Sunday morning to get as much time in as possible. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Dustin

tonyflyfish
09-23-2009, 07:49 PM
where is this place?

flygirrl
09-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Take tonyflyfish.... He yells " here yogi yogi yogi really loud" LOL

tonyflyfish
09-23-2009, 07:58 PM
well the bears name is yogi for gods sake!

flygirrl
09-23-2009, 08:09 PM
well the bears name is yogi for gods sake!
mmmmmmmmm. IT could be yogi but than again it could be Teddy, but I'll tell you what, if we are out fishing and you yell yogi I wont argue:lol::lol::lol:
O.K. Tony I'll leave you alone ( for now ) tell Abbey I love her:love:

fishpro
09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
where is this place?

It's in SW Alberta, in the Castle River area.

tonyflyfish
09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
damn-that is to far for this guy. have fun and enjoy. i would have to come fro st albert

npauls
09-23-2009, 09:53 PM
How long of a hike is it? I have wanted to head up that way for a couple years now but never really attempted it.

fishpro
09-24-2009, 08:12 AM
The hike is anywhere from 1.5 to 3.5 hours, and it's straight up hill apparently. I've never been but have gotten from different sources.

DarkAisling
09-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Found this link: http://www.flyfish.ca/Galleries/barnaby_lakes.html

Looks to be a pretty ambitious climb!

(BTW: Thanks for the reel, I'm very pleased with it and have gotten some compliments on what a nice reel it is :))

The Fisherman Guy
09-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Dang! I set a goal for myself this year to do the Golden trout trip, but I was hoping to head to South Fork Lakes, in the same area. So far it has not happened.

I have caught the hunting bug, and have been out every chance I can get. I am supposed to go for Elk this weekend, but if my hunting buddies bail - most certainly because of the heat, I am in. I will keep you posted!

I hear there are a lot of bears in that area, just a heads up.

fishpro
09-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Dang! I set a goal for myself this year to do the Golden trout trip, but I was hoping to head to South Fork Lakes, in the same area. So far it has not happened.

I have caught the hunting bug, and have been out every chance I can get. I am supposed to go for Elk this weekend, but if my hunting buddies bail - most certainly because of the heat, I am in. I will keep you posted!

I hear there are a lot of bears in that area, just a heads up.

Send me a PM if you're able to come along. Barnaby Lake and Southfork Lakes are in the same area and on the same trail, Southfork Lakes are slightly farther up the trail though. We do plan on hitting the farther lakes. Thanks for the heads up about the bears, I'm hoping to find people to hike with so I don't have to worry quite so much.

BigRackLover
09-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey all, I'm looking at going to Barnaby Lakes this weekened. So far no one else is coming, and I'd rather hike with at least one other person as it is bear country down there. I plan on driving down late Saturday and hitting the trail first thing Sunday morning to get as much time in as possible. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Dustin

I'm out, I plan to be packing out a moose or eatin tenderloin and beer/scotch

The Fisherman Guy
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the PM Fishpro. When I was doing some prelim planning for this trip I read on a few other threads that there were an abundance of bears in the area. Due to the nature of the trail, you can come upon one at close range very easily. Talking to friends who have done the trip said the same thing.

Looks as though I am going hunting. IF I get out to my spot and it is flooded with people, I will pull the chute on hunting and join you on Sunday. 316 Opened yesterday, so I would imagine it will be a zoo out there. Perhaps with the heat, people will stay away. But not likely, I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

-JR-
09-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Looks like a nice sheep and fishing trip area