PDA

View Full Version : Cedar lake Ontario

Smoky buck
04-15-2023, 11:34 AM
Looks like the wife and I will be dragging our kayaks east in mid July

Right now the plan is to base ourselves out of cedar lake but may bounce over to some of the other near by lakes like Cliff. The main goal is musky but odds are we will do at least a little fishing for other species even if it’s just for a meal well we are out there

Anyone have experience fishing cedar lake or Cliff?

Anyone stay at the cedar lake camp cabins?

Either way we are going fishing and will likely find a fish or two in the process

brass410
04-19-2023, 04:50 AM
flute is a good musky lake its off the deer lake road, that entire area is full of good walleye laker and pike/musky lakes (check Fish Ontario website) that will be awsome kyak accessible water. Not sure of the camp your stying at (theres a couple off them up there) but I certain that they will have some suggestions try asking at some of the local places there a lot of freeelance guides here who share info. There two tackle place here in V-bay one specializes in musky stuff (Bobby's Shell ) and a new one will be opening sprg 23 at corner 105 and trans Canada hwy. cliff is a good laker and walleye lake ceder has a good crappie and walleye population as well just FYI

Bushmaster
04-19-2023, 06:43 AM
https://www.cedarlakecamp.com/

Smoky buck
04-19-2023, 06:46 AM
https://www.cedarlakecamp.com/

That is where we are booking a cabin

Have you ever stayed there?

Smoky buck
04-19-2023, 06:48 AM
flute is a good musky lake its off the deer lake road, that entire area is full of good walleye laker and pike/musky lakes (check Fish Ontario website) that will be awsome kyak accessible water. Not sure of the camp your stying at (theres a couple off them up there) but I certain that they will have some suggestions try asking at some of the local places there a lot of freeelance guides here who share info. There two tackle place here in V-bay one specializes in musky stuff (Bobby's Shell ) and a new one will be opening sprg 23 at corner 105 and trans Canada hwy. cliff is a good laker and walleye lake ceder has a good crappie and walleye population as well just FYI

Thanks for the info by chance did you mean Fluke lake not flute? I had someone recommend checking out Fluke for numbers

Bushmaster
04-19-2023, 07:07 AM
Never eve heard of it! :) Just did a quick google search

58thecat
04-19-2023, 08:14 AM
Wow looks like a great place for the yakes, variety of fish to catch, reasonable rates, enough places to get out of the wind if needed to.

Hopefully you and yours catch a few beauties.

SNAPFisher
04-19-2023, 08:27 AM
Agreed! That is some great looking area and the water is endless...
Have a great trip and post some pics :)

Smoky buck
04-19-2023, 08:52 AM
We have been trying to pull off a musky trip for the last couple years but between work not cooperating on holiday times and Covid BS it’s been delayed

Looking forward to the trip and odds are I will focus exclusively on musky but the wife will likely get sidetracked with some of the other species too

Like I posted Cedar lake will be our primary fishing location but we will definitely take a day/1/2 trips to some close by waters

Right now my plans are Cedar, Cliff, and Fluke lakes from the research I have done but once we get out there talking to locals that list might adjust. That is one thing we really enjoy about the kayaks is the ability to jump bodies of water without any care about boat launches

Depending on how we feel we may even stop for a day in Saskatchewan or Manitoba on our road trip home if we still have the energy and something sparks our interest

No matter what I have faith a fish or two will be caught. We didn’t take many pictures on our kayak fishing Saskatchewan trip do to not wanting to loose a phone overboard in rough water and too busy fishing. The wife keeps hinting she wants go pro’s because of this and she knows I don’t take many pictures lol

Either way my wife will definitely make me take a few pictures I can share

Poppa
04-19-2023, 10:37 AM
Sunset Country = Heaven On Earth.

All I really need in life is the opportunity to fish for bass every day of my life... one day I'm going to be there full time.