PDA

View Full Version : Live cams on Cold lake .

-JR-
04-30-2023, 09:21 AM
Marina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcbZCJuQNkU

Beach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnuDt4wpyjw

fish99
04-30-2023, 09:27 AM
thanks for the link.

Frank_NK28
04-30-2023, 12:16 PM
Cool! Thanks!

-JR-
05-01-2023, 10:47 AM
Just viewing the cam today and it looks like they are installing more docks on the south side of the boat launch . Would be neat if they could have a paid hr meters on the docks so a guy could park his boat and run in for lunch .

Frank_NK28
05-01-2023, 11:01 AM
Been watching the crews putting the docks in. Hopefully they will stay put and not get beat up if the wind comes up and moves the ice. Having extra slips is a great and much needed idea but there is no shelter from a N-NE-E winds on that open side. I wonder if there are plans for more sheet piling breakwall?

-JR-
05-01-2023, 11:06 AM
Yup they are putting them in to early ,I guess they are just parking them there until they dredge the other side out . Been getting kind of shallow in the far corner .

Frank_NK28
05-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Yup they are putting them in to early ,I guess they are just parking them there until they dredge the other side out . Been getting kind of shallow in the far corner .

Ah ok, that makes sense now! Lol

simmered
05-06-2023, 04:35 PM
Just viewing the cam today and it looks like they are installing more docks on the south side of the boat launch . Would be neat if they could have a paid hr meters on the docks so a guy could park his boat and run in for lunch .

Guys I know that want to run into town for lunch just tie up on the outside of the fuel dock closer to the kayak storage and do what they need to and come back and go out. Never have had an issue with that.

-JR-
05-06-2023, 06:51 PM
Guys I know that want to run into town for lunch just tie up on the outside of the fuel dock closer to the kayak storage and do what they need to and come back and go out. Never have had an issue with that.

Just feel more fuzzy and warm on the inside if you can see your boat from the marina restaurant with out someone stealing gear from the boat .
Would be supper nice if they had a burger take out in the marina so you could take it out on the lake .

Frank_NK28
05-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Just feel more fuzzy and warm on the inside if you can see your boat from the marina restaurant with out someone stealing gear from the boat .
Would be supper nice if they had a burger take out in the marina so you could take it out on the lake .

My wife and I have called in orders from the water then one runs over to Clarks to pick up while the other waits with the boat. Pizza places will deliver right to the marina for you. Done that too. Staff loves it when you leave them a few slices! Glad to hear the ice is off, gives the water bombers another available source of water to draw from for fighting all these damned fires. Started raining this evening here in Valemount, BC. Forecast for rain tomorrow at Hinton. Hopefully it continues eastward and for a few days as predicted.

simmered
05-06-2023, 08:28 PM
Ice isn’t quite off. Only gone from around the marina and French bay. Lots in front of the beach and whole north side. Won’t be long though, a good wind will put it all up on shore somewhere.

58thecat
05-06-2023, 11:56 PM
Ice isn’t quite off. Only gone from around the marina and French bay. Lots in front of the beach and whole north side. Won’t be long though, a good wind will put it all up on shore somewhere.

Back bays, French bay, are open.
Main body has ice that gets pushed around by the wind.
Seen kids the other day in the water at the beach, yup, swimming....ouch...then today the beach was all ice..due to the wind direction but with these hot temps won’t be long at all and the ice will be gone.

barbless
05-07-2023, 07:03 AM
That Marina shot looks so inviting. Makes me want to pack up from Calgary and header up there. One day I will. How is it in mid August? Or mid September? Got a week in each.

58thecat
05-07-2023, 07:44 AM
That Marina shot looks so inviting. Makes me want to pack up from Calgary and header up there. One day I will. How is it in mid August? Or mid September? Got a week in each.

Every year is different regarding the lake from a fishing and weather perspective.

But generally speaking it is a Great Lake to catch many species of fish.

Just a big open bowl so wind can be a bugger unless you get to the island then you can hang out there kinda sheltered.

Frank_NK28
05-07-2023, 01:15 PM
August and September I've found the lake trout bite is usually excellent.

-JR-
05-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Seems like the live cam are not working today .
I hope they are for monday on opening day !

-JR-
05-15-2023, 02:50 PM
they got a new feed for cam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDM2cfRhCd8

Weavster
05-17-2023, 09:38 AM
Marina won’t be open until tomorrow supposed to be wrapped up dredging sometime today. Hopefully it’s on time for the long weekend