PDA

View Full Version : Blood indian

TROLLER
05-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Anyone know if it is ice free?

Can't imagine it not and if it is have they put the small dock in yet?

Gotta go some where on Wednesday and that is the one I am hoping for.

THANKS

WayneChristie
05-01-2023, 06:45 PM
no clue about BI but I could reference you another lake thats open and legal to fish. I would but I dont want pike I want dinosaurs!!!:fighting0030::sHa_shakeshout:

fishpro
05-01-2023, 08:31 PM
The satellite image on Sentinel Hub shows it as being wide open yesterday.

pikergolf
05-01-2023, 08:48 PM
The satellite image on Sentinel Hub shows it as being wide open yesterday.

Why do the Cypress Hills not show up on Sentinel?

fishpro
05-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Why do the Cypress Hills not show up on Sentinel?

I'm seeing the whole region, what are you seeing when you look it up? Have you tried various dates?

Reggie2015
05-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Went this morning to blood, was all set up by 830 am. Had one nibble, missed it, moved to the dam and seen HORDES of huge Prussian carp along the shores. I will never be back. It’s a waste to even stock it anymore.

Smoky buck
05-02-2023, 05:47 PM
Went this morning to blood, was all set up by 830 am. Had one nibble, missed it, moved to the dam and seen HORDES of huge Prussian carp along the shores. I will never be back. It’s a waste to even stock it anymore.

Maybe a waste to stock trout but pike could be worth it

slough shark
05-03-2023, 05:51 AM
Either roetenone (or however it spelled) the lake or put something that will eat the carp in there like pike and or walleye. Or perhaps maybe try bass since it’s a lake that isn’t connected to a waterway, it might work in the south, either way they’re stocking tens of thousands of fish that no one catches and it’s a waste.

TROLLER
05-03-2023, 08:00 AM
I remember the video last yr from the Alberta biologist showing how they were using a sein net and getting control of the carp.

My guess is now it is not working. Long drive for me so maybe I'll have to rethink the whole idea. What a great lake to be distroyed by these miserable little fish.

kinwahkly
05-03-2023, 01:16 PM
Used to be one of my favorite places to go. But the Carp have totally taken over the lake.

Smoky buck
05-03-2023, 01:30 PM
I remember the video last yr from the Alberta biologist showing how they were using a sein net and getting control of the carp.

My guess is now it is not working. Long drive for me so maybe I'll have to rethink the whole idea. What a great lake to be distroyed by these miserable little fish.

Netting alone is rarely effective

I know in the lower mainland they ran a combination of electro shock and netting to try and remove large mouth. It had little to no impact and was really just a waste of tax dollars

From my understanding these carp are more prolific so likely netting is even less effective

Stock it with predators and hope for the best are my thoughts

Seli
05-06-2023, 12:44 PM
Not much we can do at this point.

They will always be here unless you chemically wipe out the entire lake and start fresh. Clearly the chemical option is not an option for a number of waterbodies so no real point to do it here as I am sure the carp will be "introduced" here again.

Bring in the toothy predators, larger tigers, browns and stop putting rainbows in. No need for a forage base since the Prussians have that covered.

Do a reverse Pine Coulee.