PDA

View Full Version : illiterate people

lakerman
05-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Went for a little walk down the sturgeon river, fisherman having fun, after a little talk nobody has seen a C.O,everyone has a license... nobody has regs. Nobody knows the date,What's May 15? The education system has failed people! The fish cops could finance a new truck with all the tickets, especially the ones that pack up move down river and start again. Rant over.:angry3:

WayneChristie
05-06-2023, 02:43 PM
so did you report them? you know you get half their fine eh

58thecat
05-06-2023, 03:25 PM
If you did nothing other than rant and didn’t report it then well ya got no reason to rant.
Or maybe you had a bad day and ranting is what you do.
Our fish cops are few and far between so they rely on us to report accordingly.
Part of the solution and not the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fish99
05-06-2023, 07:17 PM
There was lots of people fishing the inlet at pigeon lake yesterday as we drove by the fish cop was writing tickets

barbless
05-07-2023, 07:09 AM
There was lots of people fishing the inlet at pigeon lake yesterday as we drove by the fish cop was writing tickets

YAAAY. Hope he brought an extra book and added an extra zero or two, to the fines.

baitfisher83
05-11-2023, 07:44 AM
There's so many that should be fined but don't get one because there's so few F&W officers out there.

58thecat
05-12-2023, 07:34 AM
Well in all honesty officer I was pre opener fishing so I can be more dialled in...:sHa_shakeshout:

Frank_NK28
05-12-2023, 01:56 PM
Well in all honesty officer I was pre opener fishing so I can be more dialled in...:sHa_shakeshout:

There seems to be a disconnect or something that people seem to think it is legal as long as you are fishing catch and release to target species during a closed season. There is an uncontested difference between a closed season and a period of zero retention as is listed in some instances.

CBintheNorth
05-12-2023, 05:49 PM
Went for a little walk down the sturgeon river, fisherman having fun, after a little talk nobody has seen a C.O,everyone has a license... nobody has regs. Nobody knows the date,What's May 15? The education system has failed people! The fish cops could finance a new truck with all the tickets, especially the ones that pack up move down river and start again. Rant over.:angry3:

You didn't specify what section of the river you're talking about. Part of it is open all year.

58thecat
05-13-2023, 07:16 AM
There seems to be a disconnect or something that people seem to think it is legal as long as you are fishing catch and release to target species during a closed season. There is an uncontested difference between a closed season and a period of zero retention as is listed in some instances.

And if you don’t get it well you might wake up to the sound of the ticket being removed from the ticket book and the have a safe day.

:)

lakerman
05-14-2023, 08:10 AM
You didn't specify what section of the river you're talking about. Part of it is open all year.
Did some more prescouting, Sturgeon river right in downtown St. Albert, yesterday was pretty quiet only talked to one guy who was using a magnet, hadn't caught anything. Reminded him its closed, ya I saw your fishing tackle and rod in the grass.:test: