PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing options Sylvan lake area

Smoky buck
05-12-2023, 09:51 AM
Ok still stuck on evacuation and sounds like it’s going to be at least a week before I can go home. Going stir crazy and can’t take it anymore lol

The family and I are in Sylvan. I don’t have any gear with me so I will be just picking up some cheap basic gear to pass the time

I realize a lot of areas a lot of areas don’t open till May 15th but odds are I will be stuck here for opener.

So do you guys have any recommendations for shore fishing in the area that are open or opening soon?

Don’t care what, don’t need to keep fish just need something to help pass the time

fish99
05-13-2023, 10:58 AM
Suckers spawn close to shore south of the marina try there for big ugly suckers

Smoky buck
05-13-2023, 12:17 PM
Suckers spawn close to shore south of the marina try there for big ugly suckers

I will keep that in mind thanks

SNAPFisher
05-15-2023, 07:57 AM
Whites are in shallow too. Small black and silver wrapped chironimid. I’ve caught quite a few wading out from shore at Sylvan.

Hope your place is okay. We landed in Phoenix Saturday as a wildfire broke out 1 km North of our farm. Me and the wife talked seriously about cancelling our trip and sure enough, damn plane couldn’t make into the terminal before our phones are going off. So far so good for us but that could change anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky buck
05-15-2023, 08:47 AM
Whites are in shallow too. Small black and silver wrapped chironimid. I’ve caught quite a few wading out from shore at Sylvan.

Hope your place is okay. We landed in Phoenix Saturday as a wildfire broke out 1 km North of our farm. Me and the wife talked seriously about cancelling our trip and sure enough, damn plane couldn’t make into the terminal before our phones are going off. So far so good for us but that could change anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately all my fly gear is at home so I am rocking a $24 ugly stick combo that was on sale with a hand full of lures from Canadian tire

My place is doing fine as far as I know. For us we are only suffering from boredom and the inconvenience of being away from home which is much better than some of the other people evacuated. It will be nice when it’s over though

Going to try my luck in the red deer river today

Seli
05-17-2023, 09:14 AM
I do not have fly gear but I have found success with a water bobber with chironomid / wireworm at Sylvan. I know it is not real fly fishing but for 5 bucks it can get you through until you are reunited with your proper gear.