PDA

View Full Version : Monster Brook Trout

crazypicklez
05-20-2023, 06:06 PM
Hey all,

Check out this huge brookie I landed and released last weekend in a beaver pond.

A couple pics are attached. Follow link for a short video of the moment.

https://youtu.be/bPB0IdDgxe8

walking buffalo
05-20-2023, 09:06 PM
That's a nice one.

Did you catch much else in the pond?

Years ago on a creek that developed a couple of beaver dams I caught and released two fish, a 7 and a 4 pound brown.
That was it for this stretch of creek.
Typically I could catch several dozen fish including cutts, rainbows, browns, brook and whitefish up to 18" all in the same stretch.

I soon regretted letting those big fish go.
I'm sure that they ate everything smaller than themselves.

Penner
05-21-2023, 07:51 AM
Beauty Brookie. Has some shoulders on him no doubt. Great job on how to handle a fish also.

crazypicklez
05-21-2023, 09:59 PM
That's a nice one.

Did you catch much else in the pond?

Years ago on a creek that developed a couple of beaver dams I caught and released two fish, a 7 and a 4 pound brown.
That was it for this stretch of creek.
Typically I could catch several dozen fish including cutts, rainbows, browns, brook and whitefish up to 18" all in the same stretch.

I soon regretted letting those big fish go.
I'm sure that they ate everything smaller than themselves.

There were a few other trout in there of various size classes, including a couple other tanks like the one I caught, but i only got the one.

crazypicklez
05-21-2023, 10:10 PM
Beauty Brookie. Has some shoulders on him no doubt. Great job on how to handle a fish also.

Thanks! It was a great experience. Probably be my fish of the year, unless i have my luckiest summer ever.