PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley Open Water

roper1
05-26-2023, 10:32 PM
Was there Saturday aft, lake was dead calm, the hatch was on, pike were biting. Went back Sunday, lake was plumb choppy, first time in the last 30 I caught more than my fishing partner, she still made supper........:)

Let's hear CVR stories of the summer!

barbless
05-27-2023, 08:10 AM
Sounds like a fun day for sure. Not sure if I can make it out before next weekend as I'm still trying to get ready to go to Revelstoke. Thanks for the early update.

RayL42
05-31-2023, 02:26 PM
I went out just before the May long weekend. It was a little slow but managed to fill my Walleye tags, and get a handful of pike.

Big Sky
06-01-2023, 10:02 AM
Went to CV with my daughter earlier this week. Surface temps are starting to rise but figured it might still be worth trying the shallows.
Had a good day. Lots of pike and a fair number of walleye.
Might get out there a couple more times before the watersports folks hit the lake in large numbers.

Walleye caught on Fat Rap in less that 4ft of water.

https://i.postimg.cc/8CQd4ShV/walleye-shining.jpg

roper1
07-04-2023, 07:58 PM
Went Sunday aft for couple hours, whitecaps made the fishing no fun. I was pleasantly surprised how full the reservoir is though.

graybeard
07-05-2023, 04:07 PM
I took my daughter and my two g-kids (8 and 11) fishing last Thursday, June 29th....Beauty day +32C and no wind....

Neither child had been in my Lund 14' tinner other than in my backyard...lol, neither has ever caught a fish or better yet, ever fished at all.

My job was to manage the boat and clean the weeds off their lures. I never casted a hook; it was all about them.

The best lures were the Rattlin Rapala and the Mister Twister 5" white rubber.

Well it was a day to be remembered.....15 fish were caught; 4 walleye and 11 pike. The biggest pike measured off at 33"...Great color and size. The biggest walleye was 4lbs.

The anticipation of their day and the hundreds of questions on the drive out and then finally their first fish.....My daughter said they were up well past their bedtime reliving the day.

Needless to say the phone is ringing asking, "when will we return?"

:sHa_shakeshout:

sanjuanworm
07-05-2023, 04:13 PM
Awesome. I love crawling.

I took my daughter and my two g-kids (8 and 11) fishing last Thursday, June 29th....Beauty day +32C and no wind....

Neither child had been in my Lund 14' tinner other than in my backyard...lol, neither has ever caught a fish or better yet, ever fished at all.

My job was to manage the boat and clean the weeds off their lures. The best lures were the Rapalla's rattler and the Mister Twister 5" white rubber.

Well it was a day to be remembered.....15 fish were caught; 4 walleye and 11 pike. The biggest pike measured off at 33"...Great color and size. The biggest walleye was 4lbs.

The anticipation of their day and the hundreds of questions on the drive out and then finally their first fish.....My daughter said they were up well past their bedtime reliving the day.

Needless to say the phone is ringing asking, when we will we return?

livinthedream
07-05-2023, 08:01 PM

My job was to manage the boat and clean the weeds off their lures. I never casted a hook; it was all about them.

What a day! Beautiful!

roper1
07-05-2023, 08:52 PM

Well done Sir!!

WayneChristie
07-06-2023, 09:49 AM
:sHa_shakeshout: to me now thats what its all about, sharing love for the sport and especially with family. Those kids will never forget that day, never:sHa_shakeshout: