PDA

View Full Version : Lakes near Edam Sask

fishing_flower
09-28-2009, 02:10 PM
We are planning to go to Edam for Oct long weekend and I'm trying to find out what lakes are in that area. So far I have found Jackfish lake. Descriptions of this lake so far is that it is shallow. Anyone have any other lakes we could check out. We have a boat (19foot) and were planning to take it with us.:wave:

jpohlic
09-28-2009, 10:02 PM
The in-laws live in Edam and we've been fishing out at Picnic Lake, just a few minutes out of town. It's shallow and stocked with trout, and the perch fishing is pretty good.

fishing_flower
09-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Would we be able to launch our boat? It's a 19 foot, really deep V.

socal
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Would we be able to launch our boat? It's a 19 foot, really deep V.

yeah you can with no problems. there are some monster bows in there head over to the pump shack on the other side of the lake. it is stright across form the boat launch it drops down to 30+ feet. I have seen a few 8+ bows come from this lake their really hard to catch though. Good luck

jpohlic
09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
That might be tough - I don't remember there being much for a launch. We fished it with a 12' aluminum boat.

PoorTurtle
09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a cabin on Jackfish Lake, the fishing is slow. You can get a few jacks out of it but I would fish Murry Lake on the other side of the hi-way. Try the east bank all the way to the south end. There is walleye and jacks in there. the boat launch is really good.
here is a link to depth chart of Jackfish and Murry. the two lakes are tied together with a creek that you can get your boat through.
http://www.saskfishinglakes.ca/depth_maps/JACKFISH-MURRAY.pdf