PDA

View Full Version : Do you like free beer?? I want to learn to winterize my boat.

nicemustang
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi all,

Anyone willing to help me walk through winterizing my inboard? I don't want someone to do it for me, I want to learn how to do it. I've read through lots of posts and info online, but still want to have someone experienced there with me just to make sure everything is covered. Willing to offer free beer, pizza, and a fishing trip or too (winter or summer). I intend to do all the work, just guidance and assistance here or there.

I live 5 mins outside Calgary, just off range road 284 and Country Hills BLVD. I have a 2001 Mercruise 4.3L carborated engine and alpha one drive. I have the onwers/service manual in PDF format. I've made myself a shopping list of things I need.

5 litres of 25W-40
Oil filter
Fuel Filter
2 L of gear oil
2-3 jugs of antifreeze
Fuel stabilizer
Fogging oil
Crankcase hand oil pump to get old oil out
Anything I'm missing?

Not sure when I'm ready to do this yet, I still have plans on going out a few times, maybe thinking in a couple of weeks.

splitflame
09-28-2009, 04:46 PM
I can't really offer much help with the boat but I will come over for some beer and pizza and I guess you can take me fishing too :lol:

Fishfinder
09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
HaHa, well I know nothing about winterizing a boat plus I live in the Hat but with such a catchy titile, I had to read. Hopefully ur title hooks some local fisherpeople that r willing to help u out. I am sure it will:lol: Good luck n good fishin!

Okotokian
09-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Seems to me a visit to a Merc dealer is in order.

Paul C
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Lets hope ther beer is Heinken because it makes the day go smoother.
:D Cheers:D
:evilgrin:

nicemustang
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Well i won't go to the dealer, that's for sure. Have some people interested in helping, which is cool. Might go fishing tomorrow though first :)

Fishfinder
09-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Fish first, deal with the boat later:lol: Booger winds here in the Hat. Hopefully the weather is better up their in cowtown?? Winter..arrr....approaching rapidly I be thinkin??

nicemustang
09-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I can survive by draining the block and storing it in the garage for a few more weeks for sure. Got all the parts at CT or BPS tonight, just need a new fuel filter which I guess I will need to get at a merc dealer...