PDA

View Full Version : LL Bean Fly Rods

tbone616
09-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Was just curious if anyone has or has tried out any LL Bean Fly Rods. The Orion 3 5wt Freshwater version to be more specific as i am seriously considering it for my next rod but any info on there rods in general would be greatly appreciated. Haven't met anyone along the way who has any LL Bean rods or much knowledge about them. I know LL Bean makes quality stuff but just not sure on there rods.

DarkAisling
09-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Despite the fact that it is one of their "top" rated products (one 5-star review) , it doesn't appear to be available anymore: http://reviews.llbean.com/1138/56419/reviews.htm

Sundancefisher
09-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Despite the fact that it is one of their "top" rated products (one 5-star review) , it doesn't appear to be available anymore: http://reviews.llbean.com/1138/56419/reviews.htm

How much were they? I am curious how they compare to a locally bought TFO package for instance...

tbone616
09-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Ya i noticed that there not available online but i have there fly fishing catalog and there in there so maybe i'll give em a call before i get to excited. I never saw the not available anymore part on there web page lol. Thanks.

tbone616
09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
So i just called LL Bean and they are still available but not online for some reason? Not only that there on sale, they are normally $260 and are now $199for the rod only that is, not the outfit. Thinking i'll have to get one now lol. Visa must love me.

goldscud
09-30-2009, 02:51 PM
I believe they are made with Loomis blanks

Sundancefisher
09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
I believe they are made with Loomis blanks

what is the warranty like compared to a TFO?

tbone616
09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes they are made from Loomis blanks, which are pretty good i believe? As far as warranty LL Bean has an unconditional lifetime warranty but as far as TFO goes i'm not sure. My buddy sent back a LL Bean vest he had for seven years because he tore the front pocket falling down a river embankment. They sent him a brand new one no questions asked, so they keep there word.

Sundancefisher
09-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes they are made from Loomis blanks, which are pretty good i believe? As far as warranty LL Bean has an unconditional lifetime warranty but as far as TFO goes i'm not sure. My buddy sent back a LL Bean vest he had for seven years because he tore the front pocket falling down a river embankment. They sent him a brand new one no questions asked, so they keep there word.

Gotta like the service!

Nice thing about TFO is you pay your replacement fee at the place in Calgary and pay no shipping. Is there a replacement fee for shipping etc. at LL Bean?

Loomis does have some good blanks.

tbone616
10-01-2009, 09:39 AM
You just have to pay for shipping there and then they'll ship it back for free.