PDA

View Full Version : Why apologize?

Phil McCracken
08-01-2023, 06:24 AM
In my opinion, they didn't have to apologize for nothing. Wokeness wins again...

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/we-are-sorry-edmonton-corn-maze-issues-statement-on-rcmp-theme-1.6499658

Moo Snukkle
08-01-2023, 06:56 AM
Complaining CAN fall on deaf ears. I’m not sure why people don’t get that.
Till my crop under, and lose the revenue for my business? Take away the fun and memories from thousands of children? Sheesh
Church next door probably had a lot to do with it.

coolpete1
08-01-2023, 07:01 AM
I personally don't have much use for trudeau's enforcement and cover up force , but , they are internationally canadian, i wouldn't apologize for that set up. if "marginalized" folks don't like the theme then stay home .

elkhunter11
08-01-2023, 07:02 AM
Just more woke stupidity, not at all unexpected from an Edmonton based business.

sns2
08-01-2023, 07:21 AM
Enoch is right across the street. The church next door has nothing to do with it. They were the anti vax church not a woke church at all. Far far from it.

Who in hell knows where the pressure came from.

The owner never should have caved.

Gonna hurt his business.

I ice fished with him a few years back. Just a common dude trying to make a living.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Au revoir, Gopher
08-01-2023, 07:47 AM
It seems they have now apologized for the apology... kinda.

https://nationalpost.com/news/local-news/edmonton-corn-maze-organizers-apologize-for-rcmp-design/

[...]

The post was subsequently removed from social media posts Sunday afternoon. In an email Sunday, Edmonton Corn Maze owner and operator Jesse Kraay said the initial message was missing their support for the RCMP, and law enforcement in general, and committed to “better messaging and acknowledgements for everyone” moving forward.

“We posted a statement on Friday in response to some of the initial feedback that we received from our maze design,” Kraay said. “We thought it was important to acknowledge the sometimes problematic history of the RCMP and the impact it has had on different communities over the past 150 years.”

“We in no way wanted to diminish or devalue the good work that they do. The maze design recognizes this 150-year milestone. We thank them for their service.”

ARG

Smoky buck
08-01-2023, 07:51 AM
People need to stop apologizing when they have done nothing wrong. Catering to a small loud portion of the population is only helping normalize and validate their ridiculous views.

elkhunter11
08-01-2023, 08:24 AM
I hope that it does hurt their business, that is what will send the message that people are getting tired of this woke nonsense.

Ricki Bobby
08-01-2023, 08:38 AM
People need to stop apologizing when they have done nothing wrong. Catering to a small loud portion of the population is only helping normalize and validate their ridiculous views.

This all day long

CNP
08-01-2023, 08:59 AM
“We thought it was important to acknowledge the sometimes problematic history of the RCMP and the impact it has had on different communities over the past 150 years.”

Their thinking of what is important is just messed up. As an institution, the RCMP is iconically Canadian. Problematic? Human history is problematic. What he/she/they are doing contributes to the cancel culture. They deserve all the backlash they can get.

W921
08-01-2023, 09:23 AM
Well I thought RCMP was woke?

Gun crime , farmers and sportsmen owning firearms.
Then there is Coutts.
I'm just going to say it. If you are a White, Christian ,Male and if there is any type of incident. Example you are being robbed or assaulted by a non white Christian male I guarantee you the RCMP are not going to be on your side.
Also there is a reason why when you call 911 they ask you if you own firearms. Its so they can look for a way to steal them from you!
I wouldn't call someone woke for not thinking RCMP is all wonderful but things get turned around all the time.
Red used to mean communist. Better dead than red, etc. Now on news they call Republican States red States and conservative blue States are actually Democrats.

elkhunter11
08-01-2023, 09:35 AM
Well I thought RCMP was woke?

Gun crime , farmers and sportsmen owning firearms.
Then there is Coutts.
I'm just going to say it. If you are a White, Christian ,Male and if there is any type of incident. Example you are being robbed or assaulted by a non white Christian male I guarantee you the RCMP are not going to be on your side.
Also there is a reason why when you call 911 they ask you if you own firearms. Its so they can look for a way to steal them from you!
I wouldn't call someone woke for not thinking RCMP is all wonderful but things get turned around all the time.
Red used to mean communist. Better dead than red, etc. Now on news they call Republican States red States and conservative blue States are actually Democrats.

As an organization, the RCMP has become a political pawn, for a corrupt government, but that doesn't change the fact that the stupid apology is meant to appease the woke.

W921
08-01-2023, 09:38 AM
As an organization, the RCMP has become a political pawn, for a corrupt government, but that doesn't change the fact that the stupid apology is meant to appease the woke.

Okay I get you. Thanks

Sundancefisher
08-01-2023, 09:46 AM
Sorry you feel that way. :bad_boys_20:

Lol

Can’t apologize for how people were went we weren’t around.

Just like people promoting all this social media attack wokeness won’t apologize in 20 years.

Ackleyman
08-01-2023, 10:30 AM
I think he did a great job on his corn maze. Gotta gripe about the RCMP and every other thing that is "hurtful" ? Then move the hell away from Canada. Too many overly entitled limp wrists bitchin about every single little thing.

Armorman
08-01-2023, 01:00 PM
Edmonton. Enough said. It's amazing how bad that place has become in such a short period of time. Wonder what the city plans to do when McDraisaitl walks?

270person
08-01-2023, 01:39 PM
Edmonton. Enough said. It's amazing how bad that place has become in such a short period of time. Wonder what the city plans to do when McDraisaitl walks?

Probably not dumb enough to let their best players walk for zero return like some teams do, so just kick back and enjoy the fist full of first rounders and quality players they inherit from his departure. Thats how it goes when you own the best player to EVER lace up skates.

Pathfinder76
08-01-2023, 02:15 PM
It seems they have now apologized for the apology... kinda.

https://nationalpost.com/news/local-news/edmonton-corn-maze-organizers-apologize-for-rcmp-design/

[...]

The post was subsequently removed from social media posts Sunday afternoon. In an email Sunday, Edmonton Corn Maze owner and operator Jesse Kraay said the initial message was missing their support for the RCMP, and law enforcement in general, and committed to “better messaging and acknowledgements for everyone” moving forward.

“We posted a statement on Friday in response to some of the initial feedback that we received from our maze design,” Kraay said. “We thought it was important to acknowledge the sometimes problematic history of the RCMP and the impact it has had on different communities over the past 150 years.”

“We in no way wanted to diminish or devalue the good work that they do. The maze design recognizes this 150-year milestone. We thank them for their service.”

ARG

This is what happens when you don’t tell the truth.

huntinstuff
08-01-2023, 04:35 PM
1973 the RCMP had a special 25 cent piece minted for their 100th anniversary. People still collect them.

Today someone complains that someone designed a corn maze out in the country for the RCMP 150th

Some people need a trip to the Almighty asap......

6.5 shooter
08-01-2023, 09:46 PM
Not a big fan of how political the RCMP have become, but seriously, people have a problem with a well thought out and frankly fantastic design in a corn field??

Can't fix stupid!

chasingtail
08-01-2023, 10:15 PM
The only people the RCMP marginalize is white people.

does it ALL outdoors
08-02-2023, 04:41 AM
It seems they have now apologized for the apology...

:) :bad_boys_20:

Almost sounds like a this hour has 33 min scetch..

Hey, post 2500, don't I get a Mercedes or something? :)

Supergrit
08-02-2023, 05:47 AM
Looks good and thanks for supporting the RCMP for those that are serving and those that have served. It’s a first class police force and played a big role in the development of Canada.
No need to apologize.

Pheasantchaser
08-02-2023, 12:58 PM
What is the world coming to?

Stinky Buffalo
08-02-2023, 03:06 PM
Not a big fan of how political the RCMP have become, but seriously, people have a problem with a well thought out and frankly fantastic design in a corn field??

Can't fix stupid!

My sentiments exactly!