PDA

View Full Version : looking for help

johnnyringo
10-06-2023, 08:50 PM
A fellow I work with is slowing down and starting to get rid of guns & asked for some help with pricing. He has a .350 Rem. Mag and I did some research the bbl has riverhurst Sask stamped on it, looking on line there is a bit of info about the guy who made the barrels but nothing for pricing. He has bullets, powder, primers & dies as well. Here are some photos, any help would be appreciated, thx!

hansol
10-06-2023, 09:43 PM
Looks like a Parker Hale k98 post-war sporter action.. Rebarreled to .350. Not sure if that's a PH stock, or aftermarket custom.

Not sure what a guy prices that at. Sporter mauser 98 of some sort.

saskbooknut
10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Al Petersen's Rifle Ranch at Riverhurst SK, was a custom gunsmith who offered barrel reboring. The quality of the work was somewhat variable, from examples that I have seen.

6.5 shooter
10-07-2023, 07:49 AM
Nice rifle. But has a couple things that will decrease its value. 1) The stock, no one likes wood or pleasing ascetics anymore it has to be some plastic, tacti cool, laser mounted futuristic space gun or the dang thing will not be accurate. :sHa_sarcasticlol: It also appears to be rough in the tang section which will also decrease its value. 2) The caliber, though it is a fine caliber it is a bit on the slower side and everyone knows if the bullet is not traveling at warp speed the dang thing will just not kill, :confused:.

What is the value of the rifle? That is tough, $500- $750 with all the goodies. Is it worth more? probably! but in todays market, it is still a tough sell.

johnnyringo
10-08-2023, 10:49 PM
thanks for the info