PDA

View Full Version : Like fishing in the snow/rain?

fluxcore
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Im thinking of getting out on pine tomorrow for the last time untill hard water season. the weather calls for rain/snow should make for an intersting day I'll be sure to dress really warm. Ive seen some posts here lately on winterizing boats at what point in the year do most people on here pack it in for the season? Im geussing the lakes are getting quiet by now.

chirish
10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Ill be out in the boat fishing right into November. Just before the hard water comes. When October comes around I will run the motor (outboard) for a couple seconds after every outing just to get as much water out of the motor as I can. I was also thinking of heading to Pine Coulee tomorrow.

fishstix
10-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Im going to the highwood tomorrow. Rain or snow. The bulls are calling me. We still have 28 days till its over. Im going to get as much as i can before i go into hibernation.
Its been a great season so far and tomorrow will be a super day!
See you out there!!!

chirish
10-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Where is highwood and what can you catch there?

TroutHunter
10-04-2009, 11:10 AM
I'll fish right through the winter. The Red Deer below Dixon Dam doesn't close until Feb 1st and the walleye fishing is usually really good when the chinooks blow through. There are also sections of the Bow open all year long.

fluxcore
10-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I'll fish right through the winter. The Red Deer below Dixon Dam doesn't close until Feb 1st and the walleye fishing is usually really good when the chinooks blow through. There are also sections of the Bow open all year long.

this is with a boat?

TroutHunter
10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
No , from shore. There are lots of good sections where you can walk the shore for quite a way