PDA

View Full Version : PAL renewal timelines and hiccups.....

dfarr67
12-22-2023, 12:08 PM
I'm sure there is a specific sub section somewhere on this but....just wanted to know how long a renewal generally takes, I made the mistake of RENEWING online when I should have down graded my license from the get go due to new laws making it impossible to purchase anything that I fancy in the formerly restricted category. Anyway from online application to license in hand took no more than two weeks. Meanwhile a friend who being honest indicated marriage issues has been WITHOUT a valid PAL for over a year- has phoned in and has been handed BS about his renewal is in the cue and hasn't been looked at. My question is directed in his circumstance, is there any hope of him getting his PAL, he has been forced into an illegal situation being in possession without a license. Is there any recourse for him?

elkhunter11
12-22-2023, 01:14 PM
He probably called the CFC in N.B. which is a total waste of time. He needs to call 1-800-731-4000 ext 9026, and speak to the Alberta CFO. The Alberta CFO office can pull up his application, and see what is causing the delay.

jungleboy
12-22-2023, 01:15 PM
I would not give up my restricted status licence. With the hope that The Conservatives will cancel these laws when they get into power after the next election.

Hope springs eternal!

DirtShooter
12-22-2023, 01:16 PM
I'm convinced they just let your application sit until you call. My wife and I called last week and all of a sudden it was "oh they'll be in the mail shortly" like what was the hold up? "just wanted to confirm your range membership" and "why do you have restricted firearms, is it for target shooting?"

dfarr67
12-22-2023, 01:26 PM
He probably called the CFC in N.B. which is a total waste of time. He needs to call 1-800-731-4000 ext 9026, and speak to the Alberta CFO. The Alberta CFO office can pull up his application, and see what is causing the delay.

Apparently this is who he is calling but cannot get the CFO to answer phone or emails.

KGB
12-22-2023, 02:08 PM
I was afraid that the renewal takes 4-6 months like some people reported here. Mine came back in 4 weeks. And that includes the delay- I had to send them my photo because the one I submitted thru the online didn’t work out for them….

Dmay
12-22-2023, 03:48 PM
The wife renewed hers by mail in November, took under 3 weeks.

Ronji
01-05-2024, 02:11 PM
I'm convinced they just let your application sit until you call. My wife and I called last week and all of a sudden it was "oh they'll be in the mail shortly" like what was the hold up? "just wanted to confirm your range membership" and "why do you have restricted firearms, is it for target shooting?"

I had this same issue.
I sent my application in for renewal at the end of July.
Payment was on my Mastercard on September 2.
It slipped my mind over hunting season to call them.
Called them on December 15 to ask WTF?
The representative said to me on the phone, that I will approve it now and you should get your card in about 2 weeks. Never asked any questions about range membership or owning any restricted weapons.
New card arrived on January 3.
It would appear that they would sit on a renewal for ever if you never called.

waldedw
01-05-2024, 02:23 PM
Mine expires in Sept and I plan to get moving on it by the end of this month as I have done in years past, starting early is better than starting late.

jungleboy
01-05-2024, 02:33 PM
I just did my renewal online and while going through the process I read that your photo must be in Jpg/jpeg format and there is a size min and max as well also very specific examples of what is acceptable and what isn’t .

Keep this in mind if you are taking your own photo with an IPhone . The iPhone uses a different format by default and you have to go into settings to change that.
There is instructions online about how to do this.

I don’t know what format other phones use but something to keep in mind when doing your application.

ScottFitter
01-05-2024, 05:44 PM
4 months for mine, to the day.

I called the Alberta line, completely disregarding the main national office. Three questions, and sent to the printer, right before Christmas. Had it in hand earlier this week.

Redneck 7
01-05-2024, 07:40 PM
Helped the wife do hers, we did it online, she had her pal back in her hands roughly 10 days later, did it on my days off, worked my 9 day shift and she got it in the mail my following days off.

Mine is do in February, did it October 27 and checked online. It's been processed but I doubt they will mail the card out this early.

Need to send in my new range membership for 2024, wife doesn't have any restricted firearms so that may have sped the process. All I know was, I was shocked her having her new pal under 2 weeks.

CNP
01-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Online renewal is the way to go. It tells you if anything is left out. If you send in by mail and do not complete or incomplete incorrectly you are going to wait......................a long time.

elkhunter11
01-05-2024, 08:45 PM
Online renewal is the way to go. It tells you if anything is left out. If you send in by mail and do not complete or incomplete incorrectly you are going to wait......................a long time.

But you can apply online as two AO members posted, only to find out months later, that their pictures were refused. Unfortunately, the system is so disorganized and inefficient, that you apply however you choose, and hope that you get lucky, so that you don't have to call the Alberta CFO, to get your renewal processed.

Dean2
01-26-2024, 09:46 AM
Sent mine in online today. We shall see how long this takes. Five years ago I did it online too and it was back in 2 or 3 weeks.

elkhunter11
01-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Sent mine in online today. We shall see how long this takes. Five years ago I did it online too and it was back in 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck in the PAL lottery.

Dewey Cox
01-26-2024, 10:11 AM
It is beyond absurd.
If they want people to take gun licensing seriously, the government has to take it seriously.

elkhunter11
01-26-2024, 10:17 AM
It is beyond absurd.
If they want people to take gun licensing seriously, the government has to take it seriously.

They are seriously trying to make it as difficult as possible for firearms owners to comply, so some people turn in their firearms, and they can take the firearms from those that get tired of the nonsense, and don't comply. The end goal of the entire program is to disarm Canadians, and the liberals/ndp and the RCMP are working together to accomplish this.

jungleboy
01-26-2024, 04:11 PM
I sent my online application in on Jan 4 and my new Pal arrived in the mail today. It was posted to me on the 17th so that makes a 13 day turn around.
I took my own picture ,a selfie with my IPhone but made sure it complied with all their demand such as lighting and picture format.

Dewey Cox
01-26-2024, 05:56 PM
They charged my credit card on Oct. 18, and I haven't seen it yet.
I should assume it was stolen, maybe I should file a police report...

Dean2
02-07-2024, 12:45 PM
Good luck in the PAL lottery.

Sent in online Jan 26th, checked status today, says Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

Don't know what day it was actually processed but since it is only Feb 7th today, 5 business days seems like pretty good turnaround time to me.

elkhunter11
02-07-2024, 12:52 PM
Sent in online Jan 26th, checked status today, says

Don't know what day it was actually processed but since it is only Feb 7th today, 5 business days seems like pretty good turnaround time to me.

You obviously won the PAL lottery, but for everyone that gets it done that quickly ,there are people that wait several months. There seems to be no consistency at all in the system.

Dean2
02-07-2024, 12:57 PM
You obviously won the PAL lottery, but for everyone that gets it done that quickly ,there are people that wait several months. There seems to be no consistency at all in the system.

Agree completely. This is as poorly run as anything else the Feds touch, I just got lucky the last two renewals. While I am happy, I feel for those that wait needlessly. You can tell I have little faith in the system, I sent the renewal in right at the 6 month early renewal limit, which I did the previous time too.

elkhunter11
02-07-2024, 01:02 PM
Agree completely. This is as poorly run as anything else the Feds touch, I just got lucky the last two renewals. While I am happy, I feel for those that wait needlessly. You can tell I have little faith in the system, I sent the renewal in right at the 6 month early renewal limit, which I did the previous time too.

I have had mine in two weeks, and I have waited 5-1/2 months. I mail in my renewal application the day after my birthday, 364 days in advance, as is allowed for mail in applications. This last time, I called the CFO after 4 months, and it was approved in minutes, who knows how long it would have taken, had I not called?

Cnd82
02-07-2024, 05:38 PM
I applied online and had the new one back in 2 weeks. Which is good because I sure didn’t like not being able to buy anything in those 2 weeks since I waited to long and the old one had expired.

titegroup
02-09-2024, 09:06 PM
Thought i'd throw this out there. Anyone on here have a registered letter sent to their spouse prior to getting their new license, basically asking them if they have any concerns about their hubby acquiring the renewed license? Cause mine did & i've never had that happen with previous renewals. Must be a new protocol, been married dam near 20yrs. & no criminal record . That's a first for me, they call it a background check. Signed by the Alberta CFO. I mean i'm all for public safety, & i understand some relationships can go sour. where there could be violence,, so i guess they're giving the option to a spouse / partner to come forward if they don't feel safe having a partner get a firearms license ,,, which in my opinion , why are they even in the relationship if that's the case. My spouse would just as soon tell them to stuff their letter, as she trusts me 100% with anything to do with guns, after been hunting & shooting ( including many competitions) for over 50yrs. Must be some new protocol ,, cause that's a first for me.:thinking-006:

Dick284
02-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Thought i'd throw this out there. Anyone on here have a registered letter sent to their spouse prior to getting their new license, basically asking them if they have any concerns about their hubby acquiring the renewed license? Cause mine did & i've never had that happen with previous renewals. Must be a new protocol, been married dam near 20yrs. & no criminal record . That's a first for me, they call it a background check. Signed by the Alberta CFO. I mean i'm all for public safety, & i understand some relationships can go sour. where there could be violence,, so i guess they're giving the option to a spouse / partner to come forward if they don't feel safe having a partner get a firearms license ,,, which in my opinion , why are they even in the relationship if that's the case. My spouse would just as soon tell them to stuff their letter, as she trusts me 100% with anything to do with guns, after been hunting & shooting ( including many competitions) for over 50yrs. Must be some new protocol ,, cause that's a first for me.:thinking-006:

Get your wife all trained up and get her a PAL, I’d wager the waste of time letters stop.

Go have a look an Ian Runkle(he’s a criminal defence Lawyer) on YouTube, he recommends your spouse has the same licensing as you………

titegroup
02-09-2024, 11:04 PM
Get your wife all trained up and get her a PAL, I’d wager the waste of time letters stop.

Go have a look an Ian Runkle(he’s a criminal defence Lawyer) on YouTube, he recommends your spouse has the same licensing as you………

yup. agreed. but the wife don't hunt or shoot, she's not really into that stuff. i was just wondering if other folks are getting these letters. Kinda harrasment in a way especially when a guy has had firearms licenses for decades. & never any issues. now suddenly the Lib's dream up new protocols for for any excuse to prevent a person from obtaining a license. if someone is having a bad day & wants to throw a wrench into the applicant, for whatever reason ,even if its a fake reason. although this is not the case for me. She thought it was ridiculous. but maybe in some abusive relationships its justified.

Dick284
02-10-2024, 06:10 AM
yup. agreed. but the wife don't hunt or shoot, she's not really into that stuff. i was just wondering if other folks are getting these letters. Kinda harrasment in a way especially when a guy has had firearms licenses for decades. & never any issues. now suddenly the Lib's dream up new protocols for for any excuse to prevent a person from obtaining a license. if someone is having a bad day & wants to throw a wrench into the applicant, for whatever reason ,even if its a fake reason. although this is not the case for me. She thought it was ridiculous. but maybe in some abusive relationships its justified.

The end goal is to PO people to the point they give up their guns….. if that ain’t obvious, you need a good caffeine fix.

elkhunter11
02-10-2024, 07:20 AM
The end goal is to PO people to the point they give up their guns….. if that ain’t obvious, you need a good caffeine fix.

Exactly, it is 100% intended to harass firearms owners, to the point where some just give up on owning firearms. They could fix the system, they just don't want to.

titegroup
02-10-2024, 01:32 PM
Exactly, it is 100% intended to harass firearms owners, to the point where some just give up on owning firearms. They could fix the system, they just don't want to.

Yup i agree elkhunter" plain harrasment, seeing if people will cave in to their tactics & get fed up. disgusting but what can we expect from the Lib losers.:angry3:

Dewey Cox
02-10-2024, 01:45 PM
The government thinks people will get fed up with the hassle and give up their guns.
It doesn't even cross their bureaucracy focused minds that people will get fed up with the hassle and give up their licenses instead.

Dean2
02-10-2024, 02:59 PM
Renewal showed up in the mail Friday. Total 7 business days From the Jan 26th online submission, to in hand.

Savage Bacon
02-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Renewal showed up in the mail Friday. Total 7 business days From the Jan 26th online submission, to in hand.Dean, that is crazy fast. You must have slipped through the cracks somehow?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Au revoir, Gopher
02-11-2024, 05:46 PM

Did your wife sign your application for renewal?

ARG

Dean2
02-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Dean, that is crazy fast. You must have slipped through the cracks somehow?

Actually, if you ship them some crack with your app it seems to speed things up.:sHa_shakeshout:

In reality, I have no real idea why I seem to always be so lucky and have been my whole life. Hope it stays that way.

titegroup
02-12-2024, 10:08 AM
Did your wife sign your application for renewal?

ARG
Nope. Application online didn't stipulate her signature was required. As said - this was a first for me in decades of renewing, i've had firearms licenses since a teenager & i'm north of 70 now , they must pick people at random cause i asked fellow, shooters, & none recall this harassment. Don't know if i will renew after this 5yr. span, depends on health -so far so good still love to shoot, mostly at range friends ranch at steel.. also pick off odd coyotes at his ranch. but don't walk the miles i use to . got to hunt smarter. as we get older, but love to be outdoors.

catnthehat
02-12-2024, 10:48 AM

I have had it happen to myself, and several people I know, one actually owned a gun shop up here a few years back.
Cat

Dean2
02-12-2024, 11:19 AM
Nope. Application online didn't stipulate her signature was required. As said - this was a first for me in decades of renewing, i've had firearms licenses since a teenager & i'm north of 70 now , they must pick people at random cause i asked fellow, shooters, & none recall this harassment. Don't know if i will renew after this 5yr. span, depends on health -so far so good still love to shoot, mostly at range friends ranch at steel.. also pick off odd coyotes at his ranch. but don't walk the miles i use to . got to hunt smarter. as we get older, but love to be outdoors.

The online application most definitely asks for an electronic signature from your spouse. If you don't provide that they will contact her almost every time. They sometimes contact a spouse even if it is provided. Never had it happen to me but have heard of it.

Au revoir, Gopher
02-12-2024, 11:41 AM
The online application most definitely asks for an electronic signature from your spouse. If you don't provide that they will contact her almost every time. They sometimes contact a spouse even if it is provided. Never had it happen to me but have heard of it.

I couldn't remember for sure, but I thought there was a place for it, same as the paper form.

My wife has never been contacted about my license but I've never been contacted about hers, so I guess we're even.:)

ARG

CrisPbacon
02-12-2024, 11:46 AM
I'm sure there is a specific sub section somewhere on this but....just wanted to know how long a renewal generally takes, I made the mistake of RENEWING online when I should have down graded my license from the get go due to new laws making it impossible to purchase anything that I fancy in the formerly restricted category. Anyway from online application to license in hand took no more than two weeks. Meanwhile a friend who being honest indicated marriage issues has been WITHOUT a valid PAL for over a year- has phoned in and has been handed BS about his renewal is in the cue and hasn't been looked at. My question is directed in his circumstance, is there any hope of him getting his PAL, he has been forced into an illegal situation being in possession without a license. Is there any recourse for him?

My renewal took an excessive 8 months. Can't imagine how long an initial application takes these days. A year maybe?

titegroup
02-12-2024, 12:19 PM

Ok Dean2, i didn't recall seeing a spot for her electronic signature or i would have got her to sign it. maybe that's why they sent her the letter for approval ..ha,ha. I actually wanted to just get a PAL- as i no longer own any restricted's but when i did it online it automatically defaulted to renewing my RPAL, so i thought just go with it, other than starting up fresh changing the application which i figured would just delay things more, & be a bigger hassle.

7magtime
02-12-2024, 03:14 PM
I have to renew my PAL pretty soon.

Are most of you guys getting an actual passport photo done for your renewal or taking your own photo using the parameters that were already listed on this thread?

Are applicants getting denied more with either photo option?

Thanks for any info....

Dean2
02-12-2024, 03:18 PM

Are most of you guys getting an actual passport photo done for your renewal or taking your own photo using the parameters that were already listed on this thread?

Thanks for any info....

Last two i just took a selfie. No issues at all with the pictures if you follow their instructions.

elkhunter11
02-12-2024, 03:24 PM

Thanks for any info....
The picture is not a passport photo, the format is slightly different, I got mine at AMA, and they knew which format. Two AO regulars, including one person that teaches the course took their own pictures, and both were rejected.

Albertadiver
02-12-2024, 03:35 PM
The picture is not a passport photo, the format is slightly different, I got mine at AMA, and they knew which format. Two AO regulars, including one person that teaches the course took their own pictures, and both were rejected.

I took my own photo and it was accepted. Just have to follow the directions on how to take it.

"The photo should have been taken within the last twelve (12) months. Size: the photo should be no larger than 45 mm x 57 mm (1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″). Your head in the photograph must be at least 30 mm (1 3/16″) high. The photo must be original, not taken from an existing photo."

https://www.propassportphoto.com/canadian-firearm-licence-photo-specification/#:~:text=The%20photo%20should%20have%20been,taken% 20from%20an%20existing%20photo.

elkhunter11
02-12-2024, 03:45 PM
I took my own photo and it was accepted. Just have to follow the directions on how to take it.

"The photo should have been taken within the last twelve (12) months. Size: the photo should be no larger than 45 mm x 57 mm (1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″). Your head in the photograph must be at least 30 mm (1 3/16″) high. The photo must be original, not taken from an existing photo."

https://www.propassportphoto.com/canadian-firearm-licence-photo-specification/#:~:text=The%20photo%20should%20have%20been,taken% 20from%20an%20existing%20photo.

And once again, the issue is inconsistency in how applications are dealt with. Both people that I mentioned are tradesmen very used to following codes/directions, and dealing with precise measurements. And both had renewed several times previously, with no issues.

Dewey Cox
02-12-2024, 04:49 PM
I just emailed the Alberta cfo and got an automatic response that said they don't have time for renewal status inquiries.
They also said to expect a processing time for a renewal to be 8-12 months.
So, I guess I paid for a 5 year license, but will only get 4 out of it.

elkhunter11
02-12-2024, 05:08 PM
I just emailed the Alberta cfo and got an automatic response that said they don't have time for renewal status inquiries.
They also said to expect a processing time for a renewal to be 8-12 months.
So, I guess I paid for a 5 year license, but will only get 4 out of it.

Here is something to think about. They used to process PALs, and do restricted/ handgun transfers, but now the restricted transfers are no more, so they should have much more time to process PALs, yet on average, the PAL processing time takes as long, or longer than before. :thinking-006:

7magtime
02-12-2024, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info on the photo gents, appreciate it! :happy0180:

Brodhead
02-14-2024, 01:03 PM
Just got my renewal in the mail today. Under 3 weeks from the time I submitted my online application. My wife is on month 6 of waiting for hers. It's a crapshoot

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Fisher1
02-14-2024, 03:25 PM
I just sent my renewal in. I wonder if I will be one of the lucky ones to get it back before the expiry date?

elkhunter11
02-14-2024, 03:30 PM
I just sent my renewal in. I wonder if I will be one of the lucky ones to get it back before the expiry date?

How long did it go in before the expiry date?

Fisher1
02-15-2024, 09:08 AM
How long did it go in before the expiry date?
It will expire in June. Sounds like some folks get a turnaround in weeks, while others wait up to 8 months!

elkhunter11
02-15-2024, 09:23 AM
It will expire in June. Sounds like some folks get a turnaround in weeks, while others wait up to 8 months!

With over 4 months, your odds are fairly good, start calling the Alberta CFO at the beginning of May.

partsman
02-17-2024, 03:45 PM
Mine expires in November, maybe I should put in now?😳

elkhunter11
02-17-2024, 03:50 PM
Mine expires in November, maybe I should put in now?😳

I put mine in the day after my birthday, as early as is allowed with mail in applications.

-JR-
02-17-2024, 04:02 PM
Prices are going up March 31

birdseye
02-20-2024, 03:36 PM
I just talked to the PAL renewal office,my renewal was aproved and being mailed out later this week or early next week,ldindt bother to ask what if any delay was,just happy its on its way 👌and My youngest son's is being sent the same time,double yahooo lol

elkhunter11
02-20-2024, 03:51 PM
I just talked to the PAL renewal office,my renewal was aproved and being mailed out later this week or early next week,ldindt bother to ask what if any delay was,just happy its on its way 👌and My youngest son's is being sent the same time,double yahooo lol

So how long since you applied?

birdseye
02-20-2024, 04:13 PM
My son and I sent the renewal in earl july 2022,just over 7 months to return,my wife waited 15 plus months

birdseye
02-29-2024, 01:10 PM
15 months,23 days and my PAL was delivered in todays msil,along with my youngest son's.Time to get out for coyotes and injoy the outdoors yahoooo

birdseye
02-29-2024, 01:53 PM
that was 7 months not 15,my wife's was 15 months hahah

stc77
02-29-2024, 02:11 PM
Personally i have never had any issues with my renewals.. i think the longest i have waited was 3 weeks. But something to keep an eye out for, a co-worker of mine just received her very first PAL. She had taken the restricted and non restricted course. PAL showed up in the mail and the card only showed non restricted on it. So she called in and told them that they missed the restricted callout...they realized and admitted there was a mistake and said they will issue a new card. So...anybody renewing for a restricted...may just want to keep an eye out for any "mistakes" that may occur...accidentally.......

elkhunter11
02-29-2024, 03:52 PM
The GF just got hers this week. She sent in the renewal application in early April, so almost 11 months.

pikergolf
02-29-2024, 05:50 PM
Personally i have never had any issues with my renewals.. i think the longest i have waited was 3 weeks. But something to keep an eye out for, a co-worker of mine just received her very first PAL. She had taken the restricted and non restricted course. PAL showed up in the mail and the card only showed non restricted on it. So she called in and told them that they missed the restricted callout...they realized and admitted there was a mistake and said they will issue a new card. So...anybody renewing for a restricted...may just want to keep an eye out for any "mistakes" that may occur...accidentally.......

Same thing happened to my wife, I didn't worry about it as I have no intention of buying restricted.

Fisher1
03-01-2024, 01:31 PM
Just picked up my PAL renewal at the post office - just 16 days since I applied on-line! I guess I am one of the lucky ones, so next stop is to buy a lottery ticket! Good luck to everyone else on the wait list.

Peppysan
03-02-2024, 12:17 AM
Do the Fed's send out any notice at all that your PAL is expiring?

:test:

elkhunter11
03-02-2024, 06:26 AM
Do the Fed's send out any notice at all that your PAL is expiring?

:test:

I have heard people say that they received a notice, but if you wait until then before submitting a renewal, the odds are about even that your PAL will expire, before you receive a new one.

birdseye
03-02-2024, 07:59 PM
My oldest son did the online renewal,RCMP charged his credit card the renewal fee,then waited until 2 weeks prior to his card expiring,recieved a letter,he called and asked why they charged his credit card months prior to the letter,no real answer and he had it back with in a week of expiring.Nothing makes sense with the renewal system

senderomag
03-12-2024, 10:02 PM
Sent my pal renewal Feb 25. Received March 11

Savage Bacon
03-12-2024, 10:32 PM
Anywhere from almost a year, to a couple of weeks. What the heck is going on. I'm sure they didn't just all of a sudden catch up.

elkhunter11
03-12-2024, 10:43 PM
Anywhere from almost a year, to a couple of weeks. What the heck is going on. I'm sure they didn't just all of a sudden catch up.

Perhaps the system should be run by a group other than the RCMP?

Savage Bacon
03-12-2024, 11:00 PM
Perhaps the system should be run by a group other than the RCMP?Maybe the chimpanzee that picks the super bowl winners is available. I don't know if he's ever gotten it right or not. But I still think it would be a good place to start.

7magtime
03-17-2024, 01:26 PM
I completed my online renewal February 24th.
Checked on my status Friday and it said my application has been processed and my licence issued, hopefully see it in the mail soon!

I did not get any 3 month notice on my PAL expiring from the RCMP like it said I should have on the renewal site, not surprised…..

7magtime
03-21-2024, 05:44 PM
Update-I checked the mail today and my new card arrived! :sHa_shakeshout:

Have to say I was not expecting it anywhere close to this soon with it being a Federal process and other members previous long delays getting theirs.
I too may have to buy some lottery tickets….:)

Muskeg
03-22-2024, 08:41 AM
I did mine online Jan 16 and it arrived Feb 8th. Couldn't believe it after hearing the wait times.

Savage Bacon
03-22-2024, 09:00 AM
Things seem to be moving along a bit faster these days. Did they add a tip feature on the website? I'm sure that would speed up the process. What do they usually start at these days? 20% ?

If so I have a tip for them...

And it's not "don't eat yellow snow". :angry3:

Bearski
04-22-2024, 12:08 PM
Any tips for doing this? Not a super tech guy and having a few issues.
Thanks a ton guys!

urban rednek
04-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Any tips for doing this? Not a super tech guy and having a few issues.
Thanks a ton guys!
Does this answer your question (from a previous PAL renewal thread):

Photo concerns? Easy, just resize the .jpeg to meet the requirements shown on the upload page.
Right mouse click on the photo- Edit- Resize- choose pixel- enter the numbers you want in the horizontal and vertical boxes- OK- Save (or Save As to keep the original file in place)- done.
eg. my original photo was 1932 x 2576 pixels at 1.14MB, which was too large to submit. I resized it to 966 x 1288 pixels at 372KB, no problem. Had to do the same with the wife's photo.

The other concern is to make sure the photo is clear, with no shadows to obscure your face.
Best to submit your PAL/RPAL renewal as soon as you are allowed, which is 364 days prior to the expiry date.

Power Wagon
04-23-2024, 06:53 PM
I recently submitted my renewal online and received a new card in less than three weeks. I’m quite impressed actually.

lund17
04-24-2024, 07:55 AM
I sent a paper copy of my renewal for my RPAL at the beginning of January 2024. I got it yesterday in the mail. 3 months and the first time in my life that I did not have to call in to get it completed. So things are looking up.